 CAD / 3144
Re: Using motion blur to give the illusion of speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:24:55 GMT

Fredrik:

I've been working a bit lately with making images to capture the
impression of movement and speed, and I thought I would share my
experiences so far with you.

Cool.

Sometimes people make unrealistic motion blur, where they
give the final image more weight than the preceeding images
to give both a good picture of the car and give an
impression of action. Have you tried that?

    http://biopc45.uio.no/temp/motion1.jpg
    http://biopc45.uio.no/temp/motion2.jpg

The first image is an average over 20 images, while the last one only
uses 10 frames.

Both ov them are pretty good.

Now you just have to make the car vibrate slightly. :-)

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --