 Marketplace / Shopping / 1294
Re: How I got My 4559 for $77.90 at Target (Was Re: 4559 for less than MSRP)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:18:46 GMT

A Target I went into yesterday had 17 (!) copies of 4561 on the shelf. I
wonder if one store could sell that many between now and Christmas.
Guess I should be heading that way on the morning of the 24th.

Ray

Maggie Cambron wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I bought 4. One has been spoken for. I am going to eBay the best two but
if someone else wants one, let me know.

I was going to wait until closer to Christmas to tell this story, but you
may want to start planning your shopping just in case Target does this
again.

A week or so ago I found my receipt for 4559-- it reminded me I had paid
$77.90 plus tax at 11 am on Christmas Eve last year.  I remember that I
discovered when I went into the toy department that ALL toys were 40% off.
Legos were wiped out, so I went to the Hot Wheel section to see if they had
anything for the boys... and lo and behold, someone had stashed a 4559 on
the bottom shelf in the Hot Wheel aisle.  According to my receipt, I left
with one Cargo Railway and no Hot Wheels.

The reason I bring this up is because I suspect Target dropped their prices
the day before Christmas in order to avoid having to give refunds at full
price the day after Christmas to those without a receipt who wish to return
or exchange gifts.  I have never worked in retail so I may be wrong (or
cynical!) but I am going to try to get to Target the first thing on
Christmas Eve morning this year just in case they do it again.  And I'm
bringing along the coupons from the Mania magazine just in case.

Maggie Cambron