 Trains / 24724
Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

With engines I always try to build to scale as far as possible, with coaches
this usually isn't possible due to length vs curve radius and a few other
practical limitations. Around 50-60 studs would be the max for length of
any rail vehicle. Otherwise you'll get something like this :
The cars look great, but are impossible to run in a miniland layout.

I think it all boils down to what PURPOSE you want your train MOC to have.
Whether you want it to be just a beautiful display piece, to run on a layout, or
hey, even a mixture of the two. A good example of the former would be this model
(IMO) and/or Shaun Sullivan's Hudson (see the .trains sidebar) and a good
example of the latter would be Lar's ATSF, or any James Mathis stuff, or
official TLC stuff too.

Legoswami