 Trains / 24722
Re: Eggliners (was Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:14:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

THESE evoke the feeling of passenger cars as well, so what is the point? Are you about “evoking feelings” or trying to copy something as closely as possible? When I copy something, I try and replicate everything that is possible, not try and figure out how much I can leave out and still capture the essence of something. Because then you end up with an eggliner.

YMMV,

JOHN

Now they ARE cool

Eggliners are a good joke...

But to me, they do NOT capture the essence of a train car. There is a place you have to know where to stop compressing and they went TOO far. That is why in my ATSF project, I made the cars LONGER than Lego chose to.