 Trains / 24715
Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:20:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   Can’t speak for anyone else, but I see it as just about mandatory to do anything useable, and still have bricks left over.

Please. Are you implying that you wouldn’t have literally 100,000s of bricks “left over”? Or are you speaking for anyone else? :-)

   Replicating every window, every seat, every rivet is just not possible, so leave some out, as long as the feeling is evoked you’ve succeeded.

For instance in my diner I have only 3 tables, seating for 6... not very prototypical but it’s still a diner and evokes the feel of the Super Chief diner.

THESE evoke the feeling of passenger cars as well, so what is the point? Are you about “evoking feelings” or trying to copy something as closely as possible? When I copy something, I try and replicate everything that is possible, not try and figure out how much I can leave out and still capture the essence of something. Because then you end up with an eggliner.

YMMV,

JOHN