 Trains / 24678

Subject:
D&RGW coach set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:03:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Well I finally completed a coach set I have been dreaming about building for years. I tend to be drawn to color scheme (aka livery) than body shape, which is totally in sync with my predisposition to rare LEGO colored elements. And of recent I am completely on an orange kick. Not BNSF “regular” orange (4th stack, see link), but the more muted medium orange (3rd stack, see link) www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Misc/lego_color_pal_1.jpg.

Many pics can be seen ieither on my MOC page www.mocpages.com/moc.php/8664 or BrickShelf www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=122269

Consist: 1 BPO (baggage/post office), 1 dinner, 1 coach, 12-1 sleeper, and 1 observation coach.

Color Scheme: There are several variation of this color scheme, medium orange and gray coach, gray under carriage and trucks, black 1x2 log-brick vestibules and doors, and dark gray 1/4 round roof with windows. All glass is smoke (except the side door windows).

Details (3 coaches): 42 studs long; vestibule to vestibule. The bogie pivot point sets back 9 studs, and there is 1 stud separation between wheels sets. Note the 3 stud increments for the seams. This “helps” the eye see riveted panels rather than “bricks”. Single stud under carriage spine with sloped ends, mounted 1/2 stud offset in both directions. 1/2 stud inset doors that lead to bogie mounted stairs. Last but not least, simple interiors with passengers in chairs and conductors.

Details (BPO): 38 studs long; vestibule to vestibule. The bogie pivot point sets back 7 studs.

Decals: Printed using a thermal wax printer on to Avery clear full sheet labels and cut to size. The coach names and numbers are prototypical

SteveB

Re: D&RGW coach set