 Trains / 24696
Re: D&RGW coach set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:11:21 GMT

I have to say I love this, you really seem to be on a roll at the moment.
The choice of protoype is good, the livery is very attractive and the choice of
orange makes for a great model.
These is one (or five) of those models that work at two levels, as an overall
they form a cohesive unit, with the detailing equally spread out, you haven't
got fussy over some bits at the expese of others. But then again the detailing
is superb, the steps are great, I really like the roof and the windows just seem
'right' I think the use of joins to simulate panels has been worth the effort.
<(hopefully) constructive criticism>
Some of the stickers are a bit wonky, could you straighten them? Mind you, I
have used the same method and found it very difficult to get them straight, even
with the lines of the joins to guide you.
They seem too far apart. Its a perennial problem with Lego couplings and curves
(corners!) but it does spoil the look of the rake a little in my opinion.
<\(hopefully) constructive criticism>

I think this rake beats James Mathis's Santa Fe train (no offense meant James)
as a cohesive model of a famous US train (well it will when you a have a loco!),
maybe its mainly because the colour scheme is more attractive. I feel that both
models share much in the way of design ethos.

Thanks for sharing this, models like this make me get up off my backside and
produce stuff.

Tim