 Trains / 24718
Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

THESE evoke the feeling of passenger cars as well, so what is the point? Are you about “evoking feelings” or trying to copy something as closely as possible? When I copy something, I try and replicate everything that is possible, not try and figure out how much I can leave out and still capture the essence of something. Because then you end up with an eggliner.

YMMV,

JOHN

LMAO! Those are cute!

I HATE it when I walk in late on an interesting thread and everthing I want to say has been said already :-(

(I hope I don’t offend anyone by posting these links, but IMO, these are examples where selective compression has gone, well, a bit off.)

Legoswami