 Trains / 24707
Re: D&RGW coach set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:45:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
I LOVE constructive criticism!!!!! I really appreciate the time and effort that
it takes!

This is my first time using stickers rather than water slide decals and I kind
of don't like them! So you obviously picked up on that vibe. I have some
techniques to adhere them straight but to get it absolutely right it's nearly
impossible. In fact all those brick lines really exacerbate the issue. To make
matters worse the invisible background is very visible, especially with certain
light glare. It seems that even if the text is straight relative to the train
lines but the sticker is not cut straight relative to the text then it looks
crooked even though the text is straight; sort of a no win situation. Maybe I'll
and the background is nearly transparent, they do tend to scratch far too easily
though.

One thing I did to get them straight was to make the sticker the height of a
whole brick (I was sticking them on whole bricks), I printed cut lines on the
sticker sheets to make sure that the lettering was straight on the sticker.
I know what you mean about the shine of the clear bits, again I found that
having the sticker going to edge of the brick helped reduce the visual affect of
it.

Tim

tim