 Events / BrickFest / 1092
Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:21:33 GMT

This all comes down to "Wah, I can't have what I want".

I wonder, who are the adults and who are the children here?

In the light of "promises" from LD that didn't come to pass after several
years (massive bulk program), and evidence that LD is not blind, deaf or
deficient in reading comprehension (I am convinced they have a big file on
us), the logical conclusion is that Lego's priorities are not your
priorities. Maybe they'll get to them, but I don't think it will be soon.

Attempts to analyze the company from the outside are pretty futile,
especially futile if you're overly reliant on Internet garbage written by
amateurs.

From the lethargic pace of questions in the LD Q&A this year, I sense that a
lot more people have understood they won't get what they want. Some continue
to ask; it doesn't hurt.

Last Q4 I gave up on hoping for anything from TLC and began to liquidate all
parts that had no future. I think by now I'm prepared to be pleasantly
surprised but my expectations er ikke for godt.

Maybe one day my own kids will put things in perspective for me.

-Erik

P.S. the recipient of the Wazo Zooter I bought Sunday, just turned 2 years
old, differentiates her blocks as "Megablok" and "Better".