 Events / BrickFest / 1034
Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:22:35 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Please remember I (a train aficionado with a penchant for accuracy) was
transcribing this. To me it's their "ATSF model" as it is wearing ATSF
(Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe, the corporate name of the Santa Fe
predecessor component of BNSF) colors (warbonnet to be exact).

Huh.  When I look up 10020 on shop.lego.com, it tells me that the set is
named "Santa Fe Super Chief".  So it seems it would be inaccurate to
refer to 10020 as anything else.

Asked and answered, see .trains where this topic has been discussed at length.

You may call it the LEGO(r) "Santa Fe Super Chief" if you want, but you'd be
just as wrong as they are on this minor point. I can start calling it
TSINSFSC if you wish (The Set Incorrectly Named Santa Fe Super Chief for non
TAFKAP fans).

Besides, I'll stand behind the accuracy of the transcription. ATSF was what
was actually said every place I used it, unless I am misremembering(1). The
anti SFSC nomenclature ranting by me was added later (after someone asked
what ATSF stood for) by me and should not reflect on the transcription
accuracy as it wasn't in there.

But I digress... We're going down a rathole. (as is our wont...)

The naming thing is not important. Fun to argue, maybe, but not that
important. I bought lots of the 10020 despite its name being messed up. :-)

What's far more important to focus on is that another one of our own, one we
know is highly talented (and excessively modest about it, if you ask me),
has gotten not one, not two, but **5** (2) different designs accepted for
production by LD and we will all be able to buy them pretty darn quick.

And that's neat. Really really neat!

1- Which is possible, of course, but not the way to bet, because I never
make misteaks.

2 - that they take only 2 SKUs is even neater!

++Lar