 Events / BrickFest / 1014
Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 02:16:47 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, John Herre writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Jeff Stembel: Are Cypress Trees discontinued? Or is that a rumor?
A: Yes, unfortunately. We used all the shots in the molds, there are none
left...

Why is it smart to discontinue an accessory pack that has sold out?

-- Hop-Frog

Are they sold out, or just discontinued?  I bought two packs earlier this >week.

They are no longer able to manufacturer them.  LEGO found some old molds and
produced all of the cypress trees that they were capable of producing (i.e.
"We used all the shots in the molds").  Molds have a finite life.  There
were never any plans to build new molds.

-Rob.

just to add to the discussion,

Lego Direct's business plan is to never (unless ABSOLUTELY required) to
develop new molds.  It saves on development costs, and thereby increasing
the overall bottom-line for TLC.

Ben