 Trains / 16942
Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:27:51 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The Super Chief is a train, not a locomotive. A locomotive by itself is not
a train. Hence this locomotive is not going to be called the SFSC by me. Ever.

Actually, technically I think a locomotive can be a train. Normally,
anything running on the mainline is a train, whether it is a single
locomotive, or a locomotive pulling a number of cars.

You are correct, when viewed from the dispatcher/train order/CTC
perspective. An engine "running light" is indeed a train from that
perspective. However it's not a Super Chief, no matter the paint color.