 Events / BrickFest / 1013
Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:12:10 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Tom Reed writes:

That's what I was thinking John, but I couldn't put the AT with it.  To me
it would be the Santa Fe Super Chief or SFSC!  I hope someone else knows...

Please remember I (a train aficionado with a penchant for accuracy) was
transcribing this. To me it's their "ATSF model" as it is wearing ATSF
(Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe, the corporate name of the Santa Fe
predecessor component of BNSF) colors (warbonnet to be exact).

The Super Chief is a *train*, not a locomotive, so you'll never ever ever
ever hear me calling that set anything like SFSC.

Once the cars referred to become available, we'll have lots of Super Chief
models out there.. they will consist of several copies of the locomotive
followed by several copies of the cars. That's a train. Locomotives AND cars.

The Super Chief is a train, not a locomotive. A locomotive by itself is not
a train. Hence this locomotive is not going to be called the SFSC by me. Ever.

Hope that helps.
Heck yeah, that helps a bunch!  The whole thing just had me baffled and I
was worried that I was just having a dumb spell! hehheh  (Hey, it happens)
I'm glad to know that I'm just not versed in "train" speak and not getting
senile!  Thanks Lar