 Events / BrickFest / 976
Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:45:28 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Part 4:

?:Harry Potter, how long does the license run?
A: not sure, can't comment:

LFB: Can we get better discounts on MASSIVE quantities say club projects?
A: We have a concern that we don't want to see everything on BrickLink or
eBay... something like that needs to enable a LUG or LTC to make a better
display to get better exposure for LEGO.. not to put pieces in people's
hands so that they can go turn them.

Mark Nelson: I was inspired by idea books... now there are none. Any plans
for new idea books?
A: It is under discussion...

Alex from Jersey: There are a lot of promos out of the country.. can LD get
promos?
A: it's possible but there are legal due to how the promo are organized...
many times things can only be sold in the country by the copromotion
partner. We sometimes can get them if the copro does not want them.... we
are constrained but optimistic about getting stuff... for example MAYBE (no
promises) we can get the shell sets from last year. you will NEVER see same
time availability

Aaron Sneary: How well did the MOC Blacksmith shop and the ATSF do with KIDS
(not us)