 Events / BrickFest / 1033
Re: Thanks to the Brickfesters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  In short, it was better than last year, and I think that Christina,
  Stephen, Denise, Kevin, [etc.] deserve a huge round of thanks.

Yup -- Thanks WAMALUG!

  I especially wanted to drop a big congrats to Frank Filz,
  for holding what was easily the most fun Pirate Game we've had in
  three years.

Yeah.  It was obvious that Frank was torn between all the options available and
I think he might have been wishing that his commitment to the game had been
less firm.  But he stuck around, ran a great game, and I'm pretty sure -- had a
lot of fun himself.  This was the first time that the campaign game needed big
ships (and we didn't have them -- oops), we got through 20 turns, people had
fun with islands without their being cumbersome, there were some remarkable
cannon attacks (like two cutters simultaneously shooting the cannons off one
another!), the weather was never a serious irritation, and I trhink the game
turned out to be fun for all.

Thanks Frank!  And thanks to all the other players.  Hopefully next year we'll
have more Pirate MOCs (and a location where people might accidentally stop by
:-).

Chris