 Events / BrickFest / 1091
Re: Brickfest 2K+2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:19:54 GMT

Has anyone posted the results of this judging on the web? I would like to
see a list of winners from the 'fest since I wasn't able to be there in person.

jt

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote:

Similarly, Tom Cook did a tremendous job with the train/town room.  In addition
to being flexible and corrdinated during the setup, he also went above and
beyond the call of duty with respect to train/town judging.  Although it wasn't
formally announced anywhere, Tom organized a panel of judges to walk through
the train/town rooms and judge the MOCs using National Model Railroading
Association categories and scoring criteria, and then presented awards to the
winners.  This was a really great addition, in that I wasn't even aware that
there *were* official categories and scoring criteria.

...Tom set out to do this himself and I think it was a big addition to
the train folk and the fest in general. Larry always talks about things
being prototypical, and here was a way to get some semi-impartial judges
to look at things and find out just how close they are!

...Big kudos to Tom for thinking the contest up and making it happen
(especially for surprising people with it :-)

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2003!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com