 Castle / 9443
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:10:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jimmy Park writes:

Lemme clarify something: the Lego Classics and Legends line are separate
entities that do not hamper new sets whatsoever.

Here's a grossly simplified outline of what happened:

1.  After several years of pleading, Lego Direct (a new division of Lego)
decides to take a chance with reissuing some old sets.

Which pretty much confirms my guess - complaining about re-issueing old sets
instead of coming up with old-style-but-new-designs is tilting at windmills.
The forces that got us the one are effectively removed from the process of
getting the other.

2.  LD first decides on the Guarded Inn, so it checks to see if all the
molds are still available in and decent condition.  AFAIK, no new molds
needed to be made.  Next LD checks with the Castle division in Denmark to
get permission to redo it.

Yup, reduced production cost.

3.  Permission is granted, so LD checks the production schedule to look for
any tiny openings that would allow production of this set.

I'm clairvoyant!  Okay, so I understand a little about production...

Thus, all the plans for releasing new castle sets when KK has run its course
are still unaffected and we get a few bonus sets to tide us over till then.

It's a win-win situation folks!

Jimmy

That's the way I view it.  It's just not what would be considered ideal by
most here.  Me?  The Guarded Inn was a set that I wanted, but wouldn't pay
outrageous prices for, so I'm happy.  For the moment.  :-)

Bruce