 Castle / 9354
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 14:37:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I know I shall be the only one with this opinion, but frankly I am saddened by
the re-release of the Guarded Inn.

Yes, I will buy one or two, I'm not saying it's a bad set.  I've always wanted
one. • <much snippage>
Now if they reintroduced the King's Castle!  I'd be buying a
couple of those.  Rerelease the Yellow Castle?  I'd be a lot.  Rerelease
action sets like the Battering Ram or the Seige Tower or Knight's Challenge?
I'd buy a lot of those too.

And that's just my unpopular two cents.
--Anthony
http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html

Anthony, I must disagree - at least some.  I think the Guarded Inn is a nice
set, at a good price, and I hope LEGO sells a zillion of them.  Because if they
do, that will give them reason to bring out MORE Castle sets - and hopefully
some of the very ones you listed.  (Castle is what brought me out of my 'dark
ages', and I'll be forever grateful!)

This is just a first step, and this is mostly new territory for LEGO.  Give them
a break, and hopefully they can continue to do things better and better (and
maybe, more often! <grin>)

Keep posting - the more different viewpoints we see, the better we all are.

JohnG, GMLTC