 Castle / 9357
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:32:38 GMT

Mostly haven't been in this thread, short on time earlier this week. Here's
my take overall.

Anthony: go ahead and feel that Guarded Inn wasn't the best first release
item. Not everyone agrees, I think it *WAS* a great first release but you
gave good reasons for your feeling, which people do respect.

However saying it is unfair, etc. may be stretching the point too far. The
fact that people disagree with you is just the way open discussion goes.
That's no reason to decide not to participate, in and of itself. But do what
you gotta do.

I'm in the camp that is delighted that LD did this. I plan to order a number
of these sets, they have great parts.

I'm in the camp that hopes that more sets are coming, both castle sets you
named off, and ones that are more up my alley like 4558 and 7740.

I'm in the camp that feels there are those on LUGNET who find fault with
just about everything that LEGO does. And that's too bad.

I'm also in the camp that feels that there are those on LUGNET that feel
LEGO can do almost no wrong. And that's too bad too.

That's a lot of camps to be in. That's OK. These views are not conflicting.

I'm a *happy* camper, though. And that's what matters. Relax, kick back,
enjoy your bricks, and don't worry what everyone else thinks or says so much.

OK, now for some specific fun...

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
As the Angriest Lego
Collector in the World

missing a (tm) ??

Do you have any stats to back that assertion up? I saw that picture and yes,
you're pretty angry but how do you know there isn't an angrier one somewhere?
<grin>

After the notice about the Classics sets, and now the Legend series, I think
we finally may owe Lego Direct at least a simple "Atta Boy!"

Clearly "aliens have taken over Richard's brain!". Alert the National Enquirer!

++Lar