 Castle / 9321
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:26:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I know I shall be the only one with this opinion, but frankly I am saddened by
the re-release of the Guarded Inn.

Yes, I will buy one or two, I'm not saying it's a bad set.  I've always wanted
one.  HOWEVER I see no redeemable feature that would make the original set
sell for $100, $200 off ebay.  You hypocritic castle heads complaining about
the worthlessness of castle walls, now all excited about red tudor versions...

Almost certainly being one of the "hypocritical castle heads" referenced, I
should point out that I never called castle walls worthless,  just said I
don't need more, and would rather see other things first.

But you see, I would have rather seen a castle be reintroduced.  The King's
Castle, the Knight's Castle, the Black Falcon's Fortress, THOSE are the things
of LEGEND!  The Guarded Inn, in my opinion, is a dinky little set with little
value except for parts, parts that I really don't need too many of.  I cannot
fathom why someone would value the Guarded Inn at $300!  (Which I once saw on
ebay)

IMHO?  It's not a $300 set.  But it is a great set, and worth being called a
Legend.  It's got an excellent selection of parts (even if you don't like
castle walls <grin>) and is a good, solid design with lots of play value.

James