 Castle / 9320
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:51:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
The King's Castle, the Knight's Castle, the Black Falcon's Fortress, THOSE
are the things of LEGEND!  The Guarded Inn, in my opinion, is a dinky little
set with little value except for parts, parts that I really don't need too
many of.  I cannot fathom why someone would value the Guarded Inn at $300!
(Which I once saw on ebay)

  Value is what the market will bear.  As for your preferred LEGEND sets,
all I can say (as one who is not privy to the NDA info) is wait and see.
For all we know, they might be releasing exactly the sets you'd most like to
buy.  As a brand new (and, for LEGO, innovative) product program, the
Legends line is well worth the wait, even if some of the sets do or don't
qualify in my opinion as legendary.  Perhaps the market researchers at TLC
reviewed the sales history on eBay and determined that this was one of the
most coveted sets.  Who knows?  For that matter, who cares?  Even if it's
not currently all some of us hoped it would be, it's a great move in the
right direction, and we can hope a harbinger of things still to come.

And that's just my unpopular two cents.

  Unpopular, perhaps, but not "wrong" or unfounded.

     Dave!