 Castle / 9337
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:18:23 GMT

[warning, non-Castlehead posting]

I think this is the crux of your post.  You seem to have funneled your
disappointment over the particular choice of the 6067 instead of a large
castle, into a rant over all sorts of things.  Which of course of fine, as
long as you realize, that the Guarded Inn is *the best choice* LD could make
in regards to Castle.  No other castle set increased 25x it's original
value.  No other castle set was ranked higher on Lugnet.  And if it were put
to a vote, I'd say 6067 would win hands down.

I agree.  This was the best Castle set LD could have released as a Legend.
Its price point makes it attainable to all LEGO buyers and it was ranked
highest on Lugnet.

I have no idea why you think re-releasing sets is unfair.  Almost everybody
is happy-ecstatic about this.  You even point out how lame the new sets are,
and now you're complaining about the best of the old ones coming back?  Am I
missing something here?  Maybe you could please explain what you mean by this?

At the risk of this sounding like a 'me too' post (I was going to post a
direct reply until I read this message), I agree again.  You seem like a
person who will complain about anything just to complain.  The new sets
aren't good enough for you, and now the old ones aren't.

Castle has been beaten down
with worthless series after series after series.   Lego has trashed the good
name of castle with Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, Ninja, and to a lesser
extent Knight's Kingdom.  Pirates were discontinued before they became too
worthless to buy.  Space?  Technic?  Town?  They have not been given too many
totally worthless series to play with in my opinion.

So, LEGO *owes* it to Castle to give them something better?  Whatever.  Its
a product, get over it.

The Guarded Inn a Lego Legend?  Hardly.  It is only named so because of the
missguided paying too much on Ebay for them.  The set was hardly rare, anyone
who at the time, had a S@H catelog could buy one.  I myself have four differ

*You* don't care about that set, but the people paying the high prices off
of Ebay do.  So, just because you don't care about it, they're wrong and
misguided for paying that much?  Collectibles only get their value if a
collector is willing to pay that amount for them.  So, because there are
people willing to pay that much, I'd say its a collectible, regardless of
whether or not *you* value that set that much.

And afterall, if I were LEGO, I would do something that would serve the most
number of collectors possible, not just you.

"Hardly rare?"  I disagree.  By your logic, there's almost nothing that is
rare, since at one point in time you could get almost every set.  Take that
line of reasoning out further and it's like saying the 1929 Bugatti is not
rare since 72 years ago, anybody could order one.

Exactly.

Here the guys at LEGO do something we've been begging them for for YEARS -
re-releasing classic sets.  Like it or not, Anthony, that set is a classic.
The majority of Castleheads and LEGO collectors have determined that - its
not up to you.  But, all you can do to this is complain.  You can't even
bring yourself to say, 'this is great, and even though its not what I want,
maybe I'll get something I want next time.'

*shrug*

-Tim