 General / 30912
Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:25:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

have a bone rather than nothing; 4) The divisions in Lego may be autonomous
to the point that one area is listening to us, and another isn't.

I rather suspect #4.  Brad (or whomever - I'm crediting Brad for convenience
sake rather than endlessly speculating)) may not be able to directly affect
the design philosophy, but does have the pull to reissue an old set.

#4 is correct Bruce.

As Brad pointed out to me, what people don't seem to realize is that when
Lego Direct started a year or so ago, LD consisted of Brad and just Brad.
He had to come up with a business plan and figure out a way to implement it.
Personally I think he is doing a great job so far and I hope he gets more
influence in the future.  But as of right now, he has to financially justify
everything he does and so far I think he's been right on the mark!

Jimmy