 Trains / 20563 (-100)
  Re: 10128 or 10028?

My bets are on that it was probably just a flub. I'm rather curious to see what those other 100 sets are... Anyone know? -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10128 or 10028?

I was wondering the same thing. LEGO S@H has it as 10128, which I'll take as being the official set number - until it changes again. Does anybody know why this happens? -Ken (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) Oops! Yeah, those are some little rubber band pieces which I use to make some vertical piping on the main body. Sorry! (...) Yeah, there's no real excuse for that. It's just me being lazy :P Either that, or I'm a superhero by night, such that (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Baby Geep and it's (Kinda) Big Brother

Hi all, Just wanted to share my latest creation. First, I had some orange on hand and so I made a 4-wide version of one of the DT&I's GP9s. (URL) I saw I had more orange than I thought, so I got to thinking. Then I realized I didn't have quite as (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

(...) Yeah, somehow the rug in my living room doesn't make the most stable track substrate :) (...) Oooh something I'm good at! I'd be thrilled if I could make a contribution by helping with the documentation. (...) Argh! And I'll be painting at my (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Well, we are just PLAYING TRAINS guys. I happen to play hard and Lego can cope with it! Jon P.S. Jason - your Thomas loco is a little unrealistic - you missed off the face for a start. (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

<snip> (...) Wow this one too is nice. Just a few minor note. Your .MPD file is missing parts: x90-r30.dat and x90-str.dat. And this next comment is me being picking about Ldraw users *NOT* using comments. You did not provide your mail, POC (email (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated, for we are the European Community! :D (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) You should see the pile-ups he's caused! Jason R (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare parts: Small switch yard engine

(...) Hi Thomas, I am convinced you are right. The pictures in the 241 idea book show us definitely pre-production pictures. Therefor they might have used some homebrewd parts for the upcoming 720 baseplate.... I asked for the "view-through" train (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

(...) schedule (...) Hi Brian, I'm just as anxious as you! I've been testing all this stuff on a pathetic little oval with a couple turnouts. On the weekends I can setup something bigger, but currently I don't have any place for a permanent layout. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) I built my little Shell switcher: (URL) on the 724: (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) Take a look at Eric Brok's small "Sik" shunting engine at: (URL) a brilliantly small engine based and built around the 9v motor... Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Dang! Ouch that was harsh! ;) jt (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) It's not the engine that's offending... (...) To clarify, I don't believe anyone commented at all, since these offending engines were diesels... (...) Amazing how it's always the short weedy ones who start crying 'democracy' 'democracy'. If (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) It's not European, it's British!!! :-) Jason R (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) CUTE!?!?!? AGGGHHH!!! (goes on mad rampage, gets shot with a tranq dart) *5 hours later* Oh, that was a compliment. Thanks. :^p -Stefan- (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Custom train switching track at auction

Just a quick note to call attention to Jeff Christner's new auction for the customized crossover tracks he makes. These are really sharp, and the $85 "Buy it now" price is darn reasonable. Ordering two sets of tracks from SAH will run you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Actually, although Larry is quite correct in his statement that there have been heard remarks of a jovial nature towards the offending engine, we didn't start the fire! It is entirely the general public's fault, who continually turn up and (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) British steam locos were nearly all colours other than black. The exeptions were mainly goods (freight) locos and later in BR (nationalised) times some examples Caledonian Railway (as per Jason's loco)- Bright blue LBSR London Brighton and (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

(...) I know beggars can't be choosers, but I was wondering what your release schedule is for this. We (IndyLUG) have a GATS in October... (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare parts: Small switch yard engine

(...) this has puzzled me since i was a kid. at first glance i thought it was the motorplate from this set: (URL) on a second glance it is a 6x16 plate with two 6x3 sections attached at each end. i presumed these were never released officially. the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Time for you to do another Euro tour to discover that most Euro steamers were black (German, most Belgium and French engines), dark green (Dutch, some French too) or a very dark blueish (well there was the dutch NCS who used bright yellow with (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Rare parts: Small switch yard engine

(...) What kind of rare parts are used to hold the magnets of the red engine on this page? Niels (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Only because you can't be bothered to wash them. In Britain, we only ever let diesels get quite that dirty and smelly... ::runs in opposite direction:: Jason R (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) I usually find it's the parents who say "Ooh look, it's Thomas" to draw attention, whilst the kids usually know better and have already decided whether they're interested or not. Jason R (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Actually this worries me a times at (non-Lego) exhibitions, the amount of children who see a model of any steam loco and say "Thomas", its not the fact that the loco is a tender pacific but the fact that it is green of black or whatever, are (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) hi! if it does'nt need to be too realistic and you're looking for a rather compact design - have a look at the even older lego designs. i mean seventies or before. 724 and 723 are rather small. (URL) 183 is also nice. i think 722 is the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Starliner MOC

ExtraGlobal Xpress, the undisputed industry leader in interplanetary parcel delivery, is pleased pull back the curtain again on the newest addition to our custom starship line: The Starliner PCS. (URL) secured the record for cross galaxy freight (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) Hiya Ahui, I might be too late, but I just uploaded the .mpd file for my 0-4-0 Switcher and tender: (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) ohhh, ahhh.. I like what I saw in the two sets above. (...) I had tried that but nothing in there was small and *cute*. =) Its all big train engines. I am looking for a small switcher engine that only use the motor for wheel. I never taught of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) You could always build one of LEGO's (1): (4 URLs) Or any of the ones on the Building Instructions Portal (2): (URL) Rick Clark (1) Found by typing "train set" into the LUGNET Guide. (2) Found by clicking "Locomotives," then "Diesel" in the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Small switch yard engine

(...) Now that is a really nice little engine! I am looking for a diesel, however. =( But I think I'll build yours as well as it looks so *cute*. =) Thanks. ps. Still looking for a diesel... -Ahui (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Well- I'll add my .02$ and a LOL here- I haven't seen many 3 wheeled train locos at all! Ergo, all of them have 4 wheels, and the 'real' ones have 6 :) James Powell (Complete with my mums copies of some of the books- ~1955 or so) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 140 Version 2

Looks nice, Ben! Reminds of a Märklín model, actually. Maybe it's the model/background combo. I hadn't noticed it before, but what is the fuel tank made of? Looks like a *gasp* modified part. -Stefan--"who only modifies flex-tube, except when he (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Among other days, yes. (...) Plain text is faster. I agree with you about C&D, that's what I thought of when I read Jason's first post. Which was a classic... (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) fancy-schmancy formatted text :-D JOHN (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) Here is an early version of my Thomas fitted with a 12 volt motor: (URL) JOHN (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) I would take that up with the disreputable gang of ruffians that comprise the NBLTC. From what I hear they're quite prone to taking the mick out of a stalwart and talented fellow such as yourself at every opportunity. Especially Huw, and Tony. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) lol I just finished reading my latest issue of Car & Driver magazine, and your letter reminded me of the good humor found throughout the mag, but especially in the letters to the editors section:-) I agree with you that Thomas is a mixed (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) (Sirs) (1) (snip the rest) Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shall give your thoughtfully worded missive exactly the amount of careful consideration that this issue deserves.(2) Would it were that this were the most pressing (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) So, Millington is in on the conspiracy too? It's become something of a twisted joke amongst the NBLTC to continually refer to this engine as 'Thomas', despite me making four more accurate rebuilds of it since that picture was taken. I'm not (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 140 Version 2

(...) GREAT work, looks a lot better! Can't wait to see dozens of engines, cars etc etc running around on the big train layout ;) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear ILTCO

(...) When I created this presentation, I emailed Huw Millington about the creator of the engine, since the image was on his site. He said it was so long ago that he couldn't remember who built it, but that he "thought" it was Thomas. He suggested I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Dear ILTCO

Sir, I wish to take issue with the caption of two images in Russell Clark's otherwise excellent presentation, "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends". On page 23 (of 27), a compound image is captioned "Thomas by unknown modeler[sic] (UK)". The model (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  To the editor...

Sir, I wish to take issue with the caption of two images in Russell Clark's otherwise excellent presentation, "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends". On page 23 (of 27), a compound image is captioned "Thomas by unknown modeler[sic] (UK)". The model (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BR 140 Version 2

Hi Jan-Albert, Ben and Stefan! For sure you are right, the body of the engine has to be lowered. Today, after a long working day, this was my first thing to do! Thank you for your comments! Maybe I would not have noticed this important fact. But now (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: U.C. Berkeley's South Hall - MOC

Wow. I've been to Berkeley several times (my fiance is an Old Blue), and I'm really impressed. Go Bears! :) (from a supportive Gator) -Anne (...) -- For SCO to attack IBM using IP (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. is somewhat like trying to eat >.~.\ `` ` (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.edu)

  U.C. Berkeley's South Hall - MOC

Greetings, After to a year of interspersed building and three train shows I finally got around to posting some pics. of my recreation of South Hall from U.C. Berkeley. (URL) was inspired to build South Hall for several reasons: 1. it's red (and I've (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.edu) !!

  Re: Small switch yard engine

You didn't specify if you wanted steam or diesel, but I have a small, if not exactly a switching, steamengine. (URL) can pull quite a bit. Hth. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Small switch yard engine

I'm looking for a BI or an LDraw file of a small switching yard train engine. I'm too lazy to build my own for my layout and am hoping I could build someone else's model. =) Can anyone please help me? Thanks -AHui (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thats not a Znap bridge (was LOVE the train shed)

(...) OK I should point out that bridge was built by Wayne Hussey, not me! And if you click on the pic you'll get more info, including the fact that it carries 2 tracks, separated by 4 studs, so yes, it's plenty wide enough for 2 8-wide trains! (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: tank cars

(...) Casey, Really nice improvements to the corrugated tanker design to reduce the width of the model and attach the wheels. I'm amazed that you were able to acquire so many of these new curved/sloped elements! Really nice build. later, James (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 140 Engine

(...) Awesome work! However, I have to agree with Ben the model would be a lot better if you managed to get the engine more "over" the bogies instead of on top of... Small tip : with homemade decals, after cutting them, color the side same color as (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thats not a Znap bridge (was LOVE the train shed)

(...) Ok, that's a big bridge...but the string isn't Lego...and can it handle (2) 8-wides? (lol)... Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: tank cars

(...) [[SNIP]] (...) Hi Casey, I really love the corrugated design! And similar to James shovel roof design I thought this would be unbuildable in real live... I think these bricks you used are even harder to get in the needed amounts than the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 140 Engine

(...) as usual your model sets a high standard in 8+wide building style, and you invented lots of very nifty building details. The roof details are really cool and the SNOTted front without any gaps looks very smooth and nice (I really prefer it (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Typical german red hopper car

Ah Ha! I knew someone would make use of colored axles! SNOT-o-riffic car! -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 140 Engine

Cool engine. Nice color, and the use of snot to make everything stud-less and curved works really nice. Are the motors getting sideframes, or is that how they're supposed to look? Looks like there's too much space under the engine. Is that just the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Typical german red hopper car

Hi train friends, two weeks ago - or so, I've build a typical german red hopper car. This one is a model of one from the Deutsche Reichsbahn (GDR). (URL) has real working sliders to open! After I shot the pics I made some changes to achieve a better (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BR 140 Engine

Hi train friends, last weekend I've finished my green BR 140 electric engine. See some pics in my brickshelf gallery: (URL) the bricks roll Dirk (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Make and Create Roadshow in Dallas, Texas Pictures

I've posted the pictures I took at the LEGO Make and Create Roadshow in Dallas, Texas this past weekend, where TEXLUG and MSLTC teamed up. We had a lot of fun, and we have a lot of stories to tell, like MOC accidents and theft of property at the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.msltc)

  Re: Thats not a Znap bridge (was LOVE the train shed)

(...) WOOOWWWW!! A ZNAP cable stay!!! Adr. (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch Machine

(...) That looks good. I used the double-elastic band on my drive mechanism too. It gives you a fair amount of power but with good over-run protection. I drove the switching slider directly with a gear rack, but after seeing a pneumatic model I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thats not a Znap bridge (was LOVE the train shed)

(...) Awesome, and from this distance you can't see the purple !!!... Steve (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: tank cars

I really like the corrigated look of the second design. Very nice work, and fabulous use of otherwise useless pieces! They look like the perfect tank cars for carrying things like liquid nitrogen and other high pressure items. Good inspiring work! (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thats not a Znap bridge (was LOVE the train shed)

(...) THIS is a Znap bridge.... (URL) ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My 1000steineland 2003 sneak preview

(...) (URL) (...) Hi Jan-Albert, those cars are great. In the thumbs they look like typical Maerklin models. (URL) See you and the models in 5 days at the show in Berlin! Leg Godt! Ben (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

(...) That ZNAP bridge brought up some recent (OK so NOT that recent) of a ZNAP built by BayLTC at the 2003 BricksWest. Anyone have a good picture of it? And, no, I'm not planning on building a ZNAP one myself. Adr. (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

(...) Yeah yeah ... only kidding ...!!!! SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

(...) What? Znap isn't part of Lego? That's a large Znap bridge, connected to a Lego roadbed using the half technic stud/half 2x2 brick... Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Thomas event in Utica, NY

Here are a few pics of our (LUCNY) layout which was presented on the third floor of the Childrens Museum in downtown Utica, NY for the last week. Thanks to Nate Jacobs, Jim Kovacs and Kevin Salm (who did the lions share of the organizing and liason (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

(...) Ha-Ha ... couldn't concur more ... and the purple ... vile ... (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Machine

(...) This looks sweet, as does your site, I'll give it a build and get back to you. I really like the modular design and the fact that the yellow lever is used and visible. SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

(...) (Sorry, couldn't resist..) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  My 1000steineland 2003 sneak preview

For the 1000steineland show in Berlin I decided it was time my BR211 diesel got some nice cars to pull, instead of those horrible shop@home cars (which to me will never be more than partpacks, apart from the hopper) (URL) are 2 Gs cars, as used in (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Motorized Switch Machine

Hi All, I've just completed a page describing my motorized switch here: (URL) works with unmodified switches, but I'm not sure if I have the new "stiffer" variety or not, so I'm interested in hearing from someone who knows they have the new style (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  tank cars

Hi, I have been experimenting with some tank cars and wanted to share pictures of the results. (URL) My first attempt was made from round-topped arch pieces and a little SNOT construction. The tank is a little boxy and reminds me of the water tanks (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

(...) John, here's a bridge for ya..capable of running (2) 8-wides over a 40" span..interior bridge width is 32 studs...courtesy of NGLTC... (URL) Lyttle (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: koef3

(...) Thanks! :) (...) Yeah, I've learned that from you. (...) I've always tried to make my models look like original Lego designs. That's why I've decided to simplify some minor details and that's why I'm making 6-studs wide Trains (well, 10016 is (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Decals/Waterslide Transfers

Did you try googlewacking? I got: TL-Decals - decals for model automobiles and model railways in H0 and other scales (website in German; Java) Frank Adam makes individual Decals according to digital designs (pages in German) From: (URL) microscale, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Decals/Waterslide Transfers

(...) Try one of these shops, although I'm not sure if they'll ship int. you could try, Big Train World, Noordwolde, Netherlands Phone : +31-561-431083 Godfather Models&Supplies, Haarlem, Netherlands +31-23-53331-5 (URL) only somewhat familiar with (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: koef3

(...) That is really cute! But what I like most about your gallry is the style you arranged some scenery around your (very) small Köf. Since a shunting engine like the Köf can't obmit on the train-motor you are quite chanceless to do a more exact (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Decals/Waterslide Transfers

(...) Hi Steve, I'm sorry, but for Germany I can offer no help.... I do not know about recources, shops or online ways to get decals. I had one lucky moment nearly 3 1/2 years ago when I found a small shop for LGB (Lehmann-Groß-Bahn) that had (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: koef3

(...) Thanks John and Matt, I'm glad you like it. I've just upload more pictures of Koef 3 - this time it hauls special narrow gauge transporter with narrow gauge (4 studs wide) car on it: (URL) Thanks, shgg. (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Decals/Waterslide Transfers

I need some help with locating non-North-American Railway Decals (in O Gauge/7mm gauge - the nearest approx to L-Gauge). Where can I get them? Do they sell directly or thru model-shop dealers? Anyone know a good website which collects non-NA railway (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NOOO...OOO!!!...!!!

(...) Bwa-hahahahAHHAHAH[HAHAHAHA]! (...) The process of assimilation has begun... Resistance is futile... Spare yourself further agony... Send your credit card to S@H now! BTDT ;-) Mark (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

Mark Riley wrote: , it turns out Lego lamps will work: (...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) and so are you! 8-}==: <-- that's me drooling (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NOOO...OOO!!!...!!!

Lego is one of the more insidious hobbies that exists. I like to think that I know that and that I am wary of that. It started with a careful collection of Pirates...little else! Trying to buy everything: that way lies madness (or the income of Bill (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Just have to post, LOVE the train shed

I'm going to add here, that I got mine about a week ago, and as a set it is great. Except for one minor thing. It isn't tall enough for the croc to fit into. Which puts my intended use of it in question- I was going to use it as my lower level (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Indian Railways Alco WDM2 with typical coach and a Indian station.

(...) Thanks! Hmm, what could be my next train MOC from somewhere in the world? (...) I am not much into the 0 gauge scene in Germany. I just searched for "Spur 0" at www.google.de and found this site: (URL) The tables with links seems to be helpful (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC Resources?

Sweet! Thanks everyone for your info. Has been a real help! Now just to find a local supplier in Launceston (Tasmania, Australia) that has DCC equipment..... :) Thanks, Peter Young. (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Indian Railways Alco WDM2 with typical coach and a Indian station.

(...) Thanks... I'll leave some links to those interested in Indian Railways and Alcos ... (2 URLs) ... some great pictures here ... (...) I will! Cycle-touring is another thing that I do ... didn't try the Himalayas though! Meanwhile, I need some (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Indian Railways Alco WDM2 with typical coach and a Indian station.

Hi Steve, Ben postet the link to your gallery at our 1000steine.de newsboard. I just want to add my comments about this great MOC scene. It's brilliant and I love the use of the new dark red pieces. Building with so limited quantities available is a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

(...) to (...) use a (...) you (...) connecting (...) boosters. :( DCC boosters in general are nothing more than powerful switches with short circuit sensors and protection. Because the DCC signal is digital and very simple, such boosters are not (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

(...) So, I was thinking there must be some way to make this out of standard Lego parts. I thought of using 4 temperature sensors but dismissed the idea because a) I don't have 4 temperature sensors, and b) it'd be pretty expensive. I had thought of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: koef3

(...) I like it - it is hard to put good detail in a small model and you have done that very well. -Matt :) (...) ---...--- www.auctionbrick.com - username mchiles www.insidethevault.com - mattchiles@gorge.net Matt Chiles 1006 Horseshoe Bend Rd (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: koef3

(...) I think this is a very nice model and I am especially impressed by the effort taken to photograph it in an attractive setting. (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  koef3

Hello, I'd like to invite all Trains fans to see my new, Train-related MOC. It's a 6-studs wide model of German diesel shunter, Koef 3 (modern number BR 333). You can find pictures and LDraw model in my Brickshelf gallery. Click the thumbnail below (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC and Boosters

(...) You'd have to look at the actual spec's for DCC, which are hosted by NMRA. I'm not sure what they actually call for- I know they are fairly tolarent of misdeeds. James (how nice to have someone geeking for us!) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact