 Trains / 20496
Re: My 1000steineland 2003 sneak preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:32:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
   For the 1000steineland show in Berlin I decided it was time my BR211 diesel got some nice cars to pull, instead of those horrible shop@home cars (which to me will never be more than partpacks, apart from the hopper)

http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/fotoalbum/berlin-teasers/

These are 2 Gs cars, as used in the Netherlands in 60’s and 70’s by Van Gend en Loos for parcels and other small freight. They were nicknamed “Geelbanders” because of the yellow strips on the ends, which were to recognize them as express freight cars (Van Gend en Loos did overnight delivery mostly)

Hi Jan-Albert,

those cars are great. In the thumbs they look like typical Maerklin models.

See you and the models in 5 days at the show in Berlin!

Leg Godt!

Ben