 Trains / 20464
Re: LDCC and Boosters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:18:34 GMT

The test code I wrote to slave a second RCX using the sensor I
mentioned (in the other post)  is only accurate to about ~8us because
of A/D limitations.  It's probably not to DCC specifications
but the decoders I tested it with (DN121, DZ143) didn't seem
to mind.  Improved code and/or an alternate sensor design
should be able to get it to specs.

Mark (who finds it kinda amusing to be geek'n in .trains).

You'd have to look at the actual spec's for DCC, which are hosted by NMRA.  I'm
not sure what they actually call for- I know they are fairly tolarent of
misdeeds.

James
(how nice to have someone geeking for us!)