 Trains / 20469
Re: LDCC and Boosters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:52:00 GMT

Has anyone had any success using DCC Boosters with LDCC?  There are ways • to
connect Boosters of different brands to command stations (e.g., you can • use a
Digitrax Booster with an EasyDCC command station).  Although to do this, • you
need to know which wires to connect.  Has anyone taken the risk of • connecting
the LDCC outputs to a third party Booster?

I don't think you can, because there would be no sinc between the
boosters. :(

DCC boosters in general are nothing more than powerful switches with short
circuit sensors and protection. Because the DCC signal is digital and very
simple, such boosters are not very picky about the input signal. You can
hook them either to the output of a command station, or to the output of
another booster. The former is preferred so that it continues to operate if
the other booster has a short circuit.

There will be only six wires to connect to a generic booster:
- 2 input wires that go to the output of the RCX. Polarity is not important.
- 2 power supply wires. Polarity in general is not important either as most
booster contain a rectifier and take either AC or DC.
- 2 output wires to go to the track. Polarity is not important, either.

Tilman