 Trains / 20591
Re: LDCC and Boosters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 04:17:13 GMT

Well done! and THANKS!

I tried Sunday night to use lacc as both a decoder and booster, but I didn't have
a proper "sensor" (couldn't find my second 9v light), and none of my jury-rigged
versions did the trick. I'll pick up some resistors and build a proper
acknowledgment sensor, then I'll get back to testing.

A question: When I press, for example, P1 on the remote, what DCC command is the
LDCC sending? If my base address on lacc is address 1, then I assume it sends a
message to the decoder at address 1. I'm guessing that it contains a comnand to
set a CV to a specific value (because I don't know enough about DCC to know of
any other way). How close am I?
-Brian

Mark Riley wrote:
Ok, I think I have it fixed.  Apparently, nqc doesn't like .srec files
that have gaps in the memory sequence.  So, I just added some
zeroes in those spots to makes things copacetic... :-)
I tested it with the Win32 version of nqc 2.4 a4 and it seems
to work fine.  Let me know if you still have problems with this
(or not)...  v1.05 is now up: