 Trains / 20559
Re: LDCC and Boosters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:33:25 GMT

Mark Riley wrote:
Hi Brian,

but currently I don't have
any place for a permanent layout.
Yeah, somehow the rug in my living room doesn't make the most stable track
substrate :)

I've added a lot of features and the main
thing is getting it all documented.
Oooh something I'm good at! I'd be thrilled if I could make a contribution by
helping with the documentation.

I'll put up some "beta" code
with minimal doc in the next day or two.
Argh! And I'll be painting at my sister-in-law's all weekend!

This new code supports a special set of IR commands that
allow you to control the train speed, track power, decoder
functions FL through F4, turnout position, etc...  The transport
layer for the IR commands can be either the standard RCX
packet format or LNP.  There's also some demo programs for
controlling LDCC from another RCX - one in NQC using RCX
packet format and the other in BrickOS using LNP.  Those
should help in writing a PC based program.
Jaw drops. Eyes bug. I drool.