 Trains / 20577
Re: LDCC and Boosters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:27:06 GMT

"Brad Shy" wrote:

This is great.  I have one question.  I assume that the DCC stationary
decoder does need to be powdered and it can be powered by either
batteries or AC/DC 9 volt adapator.

Yes, that's correct, the decoder RCX still needs to be powered,
but it doesn't have to be AC, you can use batteries since the switches
aren't drawing lots of continuous power.

Have you thought about using a soundtraxx decoder to add sound to the
engines and can this be programmed along with a headlight at the same
time?

That would be great.  They're not cheap, though.  The ones my local
dealer has are about $100 US.  Also, none of them (that I've seen) will
fit into a train motor so they'll have to be mounted in the loco.

With the beta version of LDCC, you can now control up to 6 functions
per decoder.  The extra functions are controlled by holding down the
headlight button on the RCX remote control (i.e. 1, 2, or 3) and then
pressing P1 through P5.  These functions are configurable, so it'll let
you take advantage of whatever special features your decoder has like
sound or extra lights.  I just completed a loco with 3 different lights
on it and they can each be controlled via the remote (pics coming soon!).

Mark