 Trains / 20475
20474  |  20476
Subject:
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:20:22 GMT

Lego is one of the more insidious hobbies that exists. I like to think that I know that and that I am wary of that. It started with a careful collection of Pirates...little else! Trying to buy everything: that way lies madness (or the income of Bill Gates, which I don’t have, so madness it is).

After awhile, I had every Pirate set, except one really expensive out of production ship. And numerous multiples. It was safe to branch out into Castle. Castle is more dangerous. There’s a certain limit to ship size, but you can just keep adding and adding to a Castle and medieval village. It would be dangerous to branch out further.

I didn’t even see the warning signs when my son came home and waved his report card around: “3.66 GPA! How about some cool Lego set as a reward?” With A’s in Science and Math, I even let him have his pick from the sets that are ostensibly sitting around for eventual sale. He came back in from the grage with the train.

Backwards, forwards, that cool little light. Bwa-hahahahAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Must have more trains....

-->Bruce<--

Losing it somewhere in SoCal