 Trains / 20511
Re: tank cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Casey Mungle wrote:
Hi,
I have been experimenting with some tank cars and wanted to share pictures of
the results.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=45966>
My first attempt was made from round-topped arch pieces and a little SNOT [[SNIP]]
would like to hear what others think.
Thanks to James Mathis and David VinZant for sharing their ideas and if I have
overlooked someone else's post with similar work please let me know so that I
can make proper reference.
Cheers,
Casey Mungle

Hi Casey,

I really love the corrugated design! And similar to James shovel roof design I
thought this would be unbuildable in real live... I think these bricks you used
are even harder to get in the needed amounts than the shovels.

And your part of the design at the joint to the bogies is an excellent solution.

Casey,

Really nice improvements to the corrugated tanker design to reduce the width of
the model and attach the wheels.

I'm amazed that you were able to acquire so many of these new curved/sloped
elements!

Really nice build.

later,
James Mathis