 Trains / 20471
Re: MOC: Indian Railways Alco WDM2 with typical coach and a Indian station.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:40:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes wrote:
   Hi Steve,

Ben postet the link to your gallery at our 1000steine.de newsboard. I just want to add my comments about this great MOC scene. It’s brilliant and I love the use of the new dark red pieces. Building with so limited quantities available is a big challenge. Well done.

The color sheme reminds me of the dark red and yellow diesel engine which is displayed in Windhoek Main Station in Namibia:

Six years ago I did take a ride on an indian overnight train from somewhere back to New Delhi. We came from a cycling tour in the Himalaya and we decided to take the last step ba train. Your MOC reals reminds me on that great trip. But I have to say: You need more, more, more minifigs waiting for the next train ;-)

Great work, go on ..

Thanks...

I’ll leave some links to those interested in Indian Railways and Alcos ...

http://irfca.org

http://alcoworld.railfan.net/ind_wdm2.htm

... some great pictures here ...

Kind regards and 1000grüße Holger

http://www.holgermatthes.de/reisen ... Click “Ladakh” for some pictures from the cycling trip.

I will! Cycle-touring is another thing that I do ... didn’t try the Himalayas though!

Meanwhile, I need some help with non-North-American Railway Decals (in O Gauge).

Where can I get them? Do they sell directly or thru model-shop dealers? Anyone know a good website which collects non-NA railway liveries, logos heralds etc? What European dealers will order Microscale decals on my behalf?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

SteveH (BeLUG)