 Trains / 20536
Re: Small switch yard engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:38:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Rick Clark wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   I’m looking for a BI or an LDraw file of a small switching yard train engine. I’m too lazy to build my own for my layout and am hoping I could build someone else’s model. =) Can anyone please help me? Thanks

You could always build one of LEGO’s (1):

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4563/

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4564/

ohhh, ahhh.. I like what I saw in the two sets above.

   Or any of the ones on the Building Instructions Portal (2): http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/main.cfm?cat=37

I had tried that but nothing in there was small and *cute*. =) Its all big train engines. I am looking for a small switcher engine that only use the motor for wheel.

I never taught of looking at the old lego set scans. Now its a debate between the scans and this one:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=20465

Now that is one small & *cute* engine. I think I wll build the koef3 and the ones in the lego scans and then decide once I can see them in real life.

Thanks for everyones help. -AHui

hi!

if it does’nt need to be too realistic and you’re looking for a rather compact design - have a look at the even older lego designs. i mean seventies or before.

724 and 723 are rather small.

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0724/

183 is also nice. i think 722 is the motorized loco with the least parts that lego ever released. it’s not very realistic though.

don’t forget the idea books, like 241 for example

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/ or

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241-2/index.html

individual pages

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-28.html http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-33.html http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-60.html

hm now this one could be the forerunner of the santafe set http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-70.html

notice also the nice train shed, the early monorail and that roller coaster.

if you want even simpler designs go further back:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0239/index.html

http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ideabook/

here are some of my early dats (mostly with simlego and ledit) of the blue era locomotives.

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/LEGO-M/bahn/lokomoddat.htm

you might need the part mockups from this folder.

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/bahn/dats01/parts/

i guess it’s about time to update the files. most use ldraw parts available up to 1999 or so. sorry for any mistakes in the files, this was before i could access the large picture files on brickshelf.

happy building

bye/tschuess thomas