 Trains / *3882 (-100)
  Re: Train Control

the way I see it, is that you need the PC or the DCC throttle for addressing of the decoders in the engines. They also allow you to choose the address which controls the engine itself. I don't think the shell controller could be capable of doing (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

I gave you my four votes before I saw your plea, as I cast #2 your piece moved into first place...anything to get TLG to focus more on real sets instead of aqua/arctic/rock/throwbot nonsense. (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

I used to be into "real" model railroading when I was young, and have been wondering when someone would get DCC to work with Lego. The day someone accomplishes this is probably the day I get into Lego trains. :) -- Paul Davidson Matthew Bates (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) What about using some off the shelf controller instead of integrating with a computer? What are the trade offs? -Steve (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) through (...) Do you get a discount when you buy that much of it? -Steve (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

Well, I just burnt up my last remaining motor a month or so ago, so I can't really test the DCC equipment. I've done some searching in NMRA site and have found some good sources to custom build boosters, decoders, and command stations. As for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) No, a double negative would be "I wouldn't not use Brasso just because it might dull the parts a bit." (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Train Control

> (...) Correct. I haven't time to even think about it lately. I got it kinda working but I wasn't too happy with the performance. The Digitrax decoder behaved rather erratically, another decoder behaved better. Since then I haven't had time to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) My wife would _KILL_ me, I have >500 pieces of straight track as it is... (likely, I will get more when I am going back to BC, as we will go back through Ontario, and we will be able to go to the Lego store in St Jacobs, and get track, by the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes: <snip> (...) Sounds to me like you need more track!! ;-) John1, GMLTC (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) get (...) Tom, I don't think that Matt has done anything else with DCC in a while. Perhaps trying a search here in .trains for DCC will bring you up what he had done last...but I am reasonably sure that he had gotten it to a working stage, and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

Dear Fredrik, I have made a quite similar posting concerning this on r.t.l yesterday, since I thought it might be a problem of my PC. But actually it was a failure of the Lego® homepage. I think we shold not start a diskussion about cheating, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

I sure could use Brasso to remove the paint. In fact I think I will. (Don't use Never Dull it melts the bricks. (Is that considered a double negative?)) As I am sure the fanatic train people can tell, I am not big on my train architecture. I just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

(...) Well, I certainly did not submit any votes before I saw the images and I have not done any advertisement. Unless you consider this advertisement, which I would strongly disagree in: (URL) course I cannot explain why my entry appeared to have (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

OK, so finish out the details on the page as noted at the bottom, I want to get cracking on building it ;-) With 4 trains planned and multiple switches/crossovers, I NEED this system ;-) I could take my Libretto to shows/meetings for custom (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Very nice! Now all you have to do is take some Brasso or NevrDull to the printing on the half-domes ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) Check out (URL) GMLTC (remove the '.nospam' to reply...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

That's a good question. I'm an N-scale model railroader and use DCC exclusively. I've never thought about using it on my Legos. I will do some investigation. What Lego systems do you have? Doug wrote in message ... (...) Command (...) be (...) if (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Nick, (...) Oh, no! The Empire is going into the transportation business! ;) Neat design, clever use of those Sith Infiltrator back ends! Great job! Scott "One day, I will set up my trains again!" Sanburn ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Dark Gray Tanker

Humm. Maybe I didn't post this right the first time, so here it goes again. ---Original Follows----- Here is my first attempt at a train car MOC. It uses only pieces from the Sith Infiltrator plus a few other commons. Forgive the crude page. I just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

Ben, Awesome job, you got my four votes! :) Scott S. (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

(...) Hi Fredrik, why not? As you know for sure, the gallery had non-working picture-links during the last days. In spite of this your model was voted at least by a few dozen people, since it had far over 50% of all votes. If you didn't use phantom (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

Simply and utterly beautiful constructions. I particularly love the high speed train and the tank cars. Beautiful. -- Jeff -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

(...) newsgroups to urge the people there to vote for my model in stead? Nah, I don't think I'll do that, it would have been too tasteless... Fredrik (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

Dear NYANTA, I really enjoyed your pages; great work. My favorites have been (of course) the Shinkansen and the D51. That's indeed one of the few nice looking steem engines I ever have seen released in 9V. "leg godt" Ben (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Control

Does anyone have any idea is it at all possible to integrate Digital Command Control (DCC) from the hobby train market with lego trains ? It sure would be nice to be able to run several trains indepedant of each other...I wonder if two of the most (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  train fans, please help me...

Hi trainiacs! My model of an engines roundhouse is in the round of eight finalist in the "Theme Gallery" on the www.lego.com homepage. Now I need you to become my creation voted as model of the month. Every member of Lego® Web Club has 4 votes to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Set 165 Freight Loading Station question.

Hi All, I recently won a 165 in auction but when I started building it I noticed that the instructions called for a grey baseplate with dots on the studs which indicated where the first layer of bricks should be placed. The baseplate in the set I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

Wow...I don't think I've ever seen the 1x2x2 trans-blue windows used sideways as train windows before...this really opens up new possibuildities for me :) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

(...) I too have modeled a high speed train, a French TGV high speed train. I am glad that you are able to show us what you have made. Great job and I can only see these trains getting better with time. (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

Wow! What a nose job for the Shinkansen! Unbelievably beautiful. I think you finally find the way to realiscally model the noses for not only the Shinkansen, but also the airliners and the space shuttle. Congratulations! Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

???...??? ???...??? Great work! (I hope Lugnet supports Japanese encoding.) -- Paul Davidson Masayuki Ogura <mogura@ma2.justnet.ne.jp> wrote in message news:Fonqnr.4D8@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Well, what I mean is that a big, wide bogie plate is not the way proto trucks appear. Since TLC had designed the wheels to be held in place *parallel* to the axle rather than perpendicular and in proto trucks. I would like to see TLC design (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

(...) Masayuki, Thank you for sharing your pictures with us, and I hope we can encourage you to do more Some really nice pics up, again, thank you James Powell (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New train page

dear all train lovers: I have been running a first Japanese LEGO train site. On Monday,I translated it into English. (URL) come and see my train creations. I really wanna communicate with world train lovers! With best regards Masayuki Ogura my web (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) I assume you mean the piece, how you use them is easy, just replace the bogie plate with a turntable, and in most cases that is all you need to do. Notice, that the train waggon plates, you would have to put a 4x6 plate under the bogie holes (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) I assume you mean the piece, how you use them is easy, just replace the bogie plate with a turntable, and in most cases that is all you need to do. Notice, that the train waggon plates, you would have to put a 4x6 plate under the bogie holes (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Do tell. This I GOTTA hear. (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Does anyone have a picture of this? Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Use one. Or use a 2x2 turntable piece. For the longest time that is how all my bogies were attached to cars, and it works quite well. James P (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Ok. I'm on the west side, in the suburbs (Wheaton). It takes me about 20 minutes to get to 355 and then I can shoot north from there. (...) I am referring to travel costs more than Legofest costs. When would this fest be?? -Tim (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

A public Thank You to Mike as well. Thanks Mike! I think I will try both methods and see what I like better. I unfortunately don't have huge quantities of small turntables. Yet another opportunity for LEGO Direct (among 1200 others, in various (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

I was going to mention that until I realized he was asking about attaching a bogie to the plate. I figured that had he cared only about attaching wheels to the car, I could have offered that option. Mike PS: If you go Legoland scale, use the 4x4 (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

Sometimes it is hard to think outside of the box. I think the turntable is a great idea! Thanks. -Nick John Neal wrote in message <388763BE.9132D9F8@u...st.net>... (...) friction (...) on (...) completely. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Or you can use a 2x2 turntable plate and forsake the bogie plate completely. They work well, too AND...it's more prototypical:-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

Use one. You want a loose boogie plate because that reduces your friction while turning. They seem to spin too easily when off of the tracks, but on the tracks, they work great. Mike Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Attaching train bogies

Can someone share with me the proper way to attach a bogie to a non-train platform? In other words, attach it to a standard 6x6 plate. My guess is to use a Technic plate but I can't figure out if I use one or two, or if there is a better method. It (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  4559 chassis plates

Does anyone have any of the yellow chassis plates from 4559 that they would like to sell ? I have most of the other pieces that I need to do what I want but those are hard to come by... (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Probably only 4 to 5 hours to LaCrosse from Chicago, less if you are on the West or North sides. I'm 6 hours from the south suburbs of Chicago and about 1.5 houts from LaCrosse. (...) Cost is probably about 5 bucks a person or so. Paul (back (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Other SE PA LEGO Railfans ?

Doug, I'm out here in the western suburbs... Berwyn to be exact.... And no $36 4561 Target sales either... Right now all my Lego items are boxed up. My wife and I are in the process of finishing a new guest room, then the old guest room becomes my (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

(...) Perhaps you're thinking of 6496 Whirling Time Warper? -- that's the one with the bubble (not 6497, but colse). Yes, it is the Divers bubble. --Todd (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Container grabber

(...) Please do show us some detailed photos. The overhead crane is in need of a design impovement to make it useful (able to pick up piggyback trailers). Jim --- (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container grabber

The grabber I made is designed to lift my 6 wide piggyback trailers as seen on my webpage. (it will also lift 4 wide trailers). It uses L shaped 2x2 plates in the 4 holes of the red grabber. Attached to the outside of the plates is a 8x1 block. On (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

(...) Can anyone tell me which other sets come with that weird bubble? I don't think it is the divers bubble dome but I could be wrong. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Other SE PA LEGO Railfans ?

Just a note, I'm looking for any other lego railfans in or around Philadelphia area. (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide train hopper

(...) Disclaimer, this is not exactly mine, it's a reasonable facsimile that Mike put together by being very observant. I'm OK with that as long as it's disclaimed. :-) (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

Worthless is a bit harsh. It has a lot of good parts. But it doesn't have any train specific parts in it to speak of, it's not really a train. (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

(...) I don't know if I'd go *that* far;-) Actually, I did get one when it came out for my son-- he loved it (after all, it is a *train*). But hey, get'em for the ghosts if nothing else... -John (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

Frederick Paepke wrote in message <7hjc8skd261fdp6m8fr...ax.com>... (...) Yea, y'all can send yours to me and I'll dispose of them (meanwhile keeping the 2 black 3x3 low slope corners, the black spiral staircase, the castle wall bits, the log wall (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

(...) lol Sorry, I am a sort of purist. It is/will be built completely out of LEGO bricks. Thousands, actually. And it will be white, of course. -John (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

(...) Ouch! Where are you located? Dean (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 Parts

(...) TRU would probobly be cheaper, knowing ebay. A WTB on .b-s-t might even get it for cheaper still. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container grabber

(...) I just built the grabber. I extended it by 6x1 & added a 4x1 plate to the bottom inside. The only problem is that last year (99) I started to build trailer 6x?? so now I'll have to build 4x?? trailers for small trucks & 6x?? for large trucks. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 Parts

(...) piece (...) I might buy the set from toysrus or ebay (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

I hate to reply to my own post, but if I'm reading all the replies correctly: 6497 is worthless. Correct? Fred. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 Parts

(...) I was not talking about the trans yellow light brick but the wierd piece that fits over the motor and has 2 holes in it for the light brick. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Hee :) (...) Yes. (...) I think its about 6-7 hours, that's a guess from a best recollection from a map a few years ago :) Still, if I was given enough advance notice, I'd love to come up. It would be nice if I could carpool with some other (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Container grabber

(...) Hey thats a good Idea. Due to lack of room its hard to have a switch track to a ramp. So I'll have to try that comcept. Just have to build a stout crain to support the weight. Thanks J.W.Hummer www.geocities.com/spincity999 (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

(...) The Mountain. Is it one of the green ones made of plastic (or something) used in scale model railroads? If so how much do they cost & what sizes. Thanks -J.W.Hummer www.geocities.com/spincity999 (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Which weekend is the train show? I've heard two different sets of dates? I'm hoping the 18th/19th as hockey season is over by then. Paul (at work) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

(...) Mine is 8 wide compatible, too. Would be fun to get them together:-) (...) I'm guessing that mine is the "coolest" [1] (...) LOL No, I don't have any Freudian desire to have the biggest on the block BUT.... I figure that 10 is roughly (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

(...) lol As I was responding to Kev, you posted:-p Yes, this is a major problem when dealing with passenger cars or locos that are (in my case) 60-80 studs long. One just can't build anything close to turns (This, unfortunately, *includes* the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

(...) Hmmm. Spacing was never a problem for me. (Perhaps because I do not use the buffers). Mike, is this the problem to which you are referring (decoupling)? Since my passenger cars are so heavy, there seems to be a limit as to how many I can pull (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

The problem is that the turns are so sharp that the cars clip the corner by as much as 6-8 studs, depending on the length of the car. An extra magnet or two won't help. I put one straight between the curved sections and although it looks a little (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

(...) Would a simple solution to the turn problem be to just double up on magnets? (stick an extra magnet or two between the cars). KL (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide and bigger (was Re: 8 Wide)

John2, You may not need to get a couple of million bricks for your 8 wide layout. You can just use mine. It will be built to allow 8 wide trains to run. I fixed the problems with the turns being too sharp and am going to next fix the track point (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

(...) Yea, if that was the case, even I might have some extra nose pieces (I do have a bunch of these, but I'm not giving up any nose pieces yet). The only parts I really don't like about this set are the minifigs. (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greetings!

Yes, I think we all should "check in" and see who is lurking in here! Hmm, I guess if one posted then they would no longer be considered a lurker.... Anyway, thanks to Paul Foster for all of his work in organizing the web site and offering space. A (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 8 Wide

(...) But you have to admit that they look great (8 wides) compared to toyish 6 wides. I like the analogy of comparing 6 wides to Lionel trains. They just don't look right. And although 8 wides look "LEGO goofy" compared to model trains, they at (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

It's a pity that the set didn't come with a pirate ship hull middle segment. Pirate nuts would have been snapping the set up to get hull segments, and the train fans could have gone in with them to get the train nose elements. -- jthompson@esker.com (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: <snip> (...) Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... -grin- For those of you who don't know what we're talking about, John Neal (aka "John2") thinks that all LEGO trains should be built 8 studs wide. The (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide train hopper

Bravo, Mike! {:^D You beat me to the punch-- I had intended to build an 8 wide version of Lar's Hopper as well! It looks great! Don't you think the proportions look a lot better? I especially like the way an 8 wide is wider than its trucks-- which (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 4561 Parts

Or me ;-) I need extra light bricks to light up the back of my 4565 engineS. (...) ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 Parts

(...) I am sure you could convince thomas burger to take the wierd lighting piece and the wedge piece off your hands :). -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 Parts

(...) I'm sure there would be on lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade Scott A (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

Only one store in my city even stocks it and it's $230 Cdn, believe it or not. -- Paul Davidson Tim Strutt <tim.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:FoKGFu.AKK@lugnet.com... (...) on TEN (...) some (...) probably (...) having (...) THAT (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 Wide train hopper

I am assuming John Neal is completely interested in this: I have just finished my first 8 wide train car. It is an adaption of Larry P's custom hopper. I widened it to 8 studs, added 5 plates height to it and lengthened it quite a bit. I might need (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

The problem is that the ONLY piece I want out of those sets is the train nose, I don' even want the rest of the set near me ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  4561 Parts

I just ordered a couple of extra 4561s, which I am really only interested in for a few of the parts, namely the windows, ramps, roof bricks, and a few others. There may be a few more things I want from this set, but the one I currently have is still (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

I was lucky enough to find a 4559 and the following week, a 4561 at 2 different Zellers, during the 20% off 2 week sale before Christmas. Regular $150 Cdn - I got them for $120+tax. I was VERY pleased. Tim Strutt 8^) (...) be (...) each (...) was a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

Hmmm... I don't know if you'd be interested, but I've been holding onto a couple of those sets (6493). They're MISB with a little shelf wear. I picked them up in the hopes of one day doing exactly what you plan to, but since the likeliness of me (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Container grabber

While experimenting with the red container grabber as used in 4555 I noticed that the holes for the black rubber are the same size as a stud. I have now modified one so that it has grab arms that can lift and load my grey piggyback trailers onto the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

What a concept...4561 for $70 including shipping and tax... think the WB store might be a regular haunt if they practice this kind of business. COME ON EVERYBODY LET'S DO THE HAPPY DANCE!!! (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

(...) I found the 4561 at Toys 'R' US In december for $130 CDN. Now I thought THAT was a deal. No shipping. Picked up two of them... Being in Canada really causes problems getting deals... Dean (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

Speaking of Time Suckers, does anyone have a couple of the grey train noses out of 6493 Flying Time Vessel they'd want to trade/sell? I have them on my Wants page at (URL) that I FINALLY own a 4558, I want to put grey noses on it (NO, I need to keep (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

How useful, as far as "train" parts go? I think the only thing useful in the whole lot for "train" is the log wall pieces as lumber cargo for a flatbed car. Other than that, who knows. Rich Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Q: How useful is "6497 Twisted Time Train" for LEGO trains?

Hello! I'm an AFOL who's waiting on his first LEGO train set to show up in the mail this week. I noticed that S@H has 6497 on special this week and I was wondering how useful it is for parts. Is there anything useful in this set? Thanks! Fred. (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

I thought of that. It would be difficult to find someone willing to put such a large amount on their credit card, though. (at least, I wouldn't do it) Plus they'd have to be living in my area; otherwise, I'd be paying for shipping twice. :) -- Paul (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where are you getting 4561 for under $60????

Suggestion - get a CDN Consortium together. Check the shipping costs on TEN 4561s, hopefully it won't be too much higher than the $35. If not, get some other Canucks together to amortize the shipping cost. That would probably be cheaper than having (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Catalog nostalgia

(...) rich (...) for TLC to (...) Thamks Ray, it's an interesting point which rings a very loud bell with me (by the way, forgive my ignorance but what are KABOBs? I take it to mean children who play with LEGO because of the context used). This (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact