 Trains / 3711
Re: Attaching train bogies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:37:02 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Use one.  You want a loose boogie plate because that reduces your friction
while turning.  They seem to spin too easily when off of the tracks, but on
the tracks, they work great.

Or you can use a 2x2 turntable plate and forsake the bogie plate completely.
They work well, too AND...it's more prototypical:-)

-John

Mike

Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message
Can someone share with me the proper way to attach a bogie to a non-train
platform? In other words, attach it to a standard 6x6 plate. My guess is • to
use a Technic plate but I can't figure out if I use one or two, or if • there
is a better method. It seems when I only use one plate it is to loose and • if
I use two, it becomes very tight. Maybe I need to add some type of spacer?
Thanks.

-Nick