 Trains / 3713
Re: Attaching train bogies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:00:25 GMT

I was going to mention that until I realized he was asking about attaching a
bogie to the plate.  I figured that had he cared only about attaching wheels
to the car, I could have offered that option.

Mike

PS:  If you go Legoland scale, use the 4x4 turntable.

Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message
Sometimes it is hard to think outside of the box. I think the turntable is • a
great idea! Thanks.

-Nick

John Neal wrote in message <388763BE.9132D9F8@uswest.net>...

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Use one.  You want a loose boogie plate because that reduces your • friction
while turning.  They seem to spin too easily when off of the tracks, • but
on
the tracks, they work great.

Or you can use a 2x2 turntable plate and forsake the bogie plate • completely.
They work well, too AND...it's more prototypical:-)

-John

Mike