 Organizations / United States / GMLUG / 8
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:09:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, John Neal writes:
Yes, I think we all should "check in" and see who is lurking in here!
Hmm, I guess if one posted then they would no longer be considered a
lurker....

Hee :)

Anyway, thanks to Paul Foster for all of his work in organizing the web
site and offering space.

Yes.

A fest is definitely in order!  What would
people say to a fest in La Crosse, WN?  How far is that away from the
Chicago area?

I think its about 6-7 hours, that's a guess from a best recollection from a
map a few years ago :)  Still, if I was given enough advance notice, I'd love
to come up.  It would be nice if I could carpool with some other area person
or even a southern WI person to minimize my driving.

Probably only 4 to 5 hours to LaCrosse from Chicago, less if you are on
the West or North sides.  I'm 6 hours from the south suburbs of Chicago
and about 1.5 houts from LaCrosse.

I'm assuming it's closer than the Twin Cities.  The GMLTC
will be at a train show there this Spring.  Thoughts?

Where is the train show at?  I'd love to come to that as well.  Cost is
probably the only issue.

-Tim

Cost is probably about 5 bucks a person or so.

Paul (back at work again)