 Organizations / United States / GMLUG / 13
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 02:59:20 GMT

Paul Foster wrote:

I think at this point, I can tentatively commit to showing up Friday
night by 7pm and staying overnight and then leaving Saturday late.

What time you guys showing up to setup the layout, maybe I could
get out of work early.

IIRC we left around lunch time last year and arrived mid afternoon.  I think we had it
all set up by dinner....no wait!  Conan wanted to raise a ten foot section of trackbed
1 stud so we slaved at that until about 9 pm!!! <shudder>  All things being normal, we
should be set up by 6pm.

-John

John Neal wrote:

Okay, here's the scoop...

The La Crosse Train Show is March 18th and 19th.  The GMLTC will arrive Friday
afternoon (17th) to set up and will stay in a hotel attached to the Convention
Center Friday and Saturday nights.  We could fest on Friday night and hang around
the layout during the day or in a hotel room too.  Saturday night is a dinner for
the show exhibitors (to which all GMLUGers would be welcome I would imagine).
Any time in between would be fair game, although folks from the GMLTC would need
to man the layout during the day (not *all* at the same time, though).

It would be great to see an Illinois contingent as well as perhaps some
Michigonians...hint hint Mr Istok and Bliss, et al.  Heck, maybe we can take up
an offering and fly out Todd and Suz! (Todd being the Midwesterner at heart;)

Holy Cow!  We're gonna need Fest T-shirts, too!  I'm on that!

-John

Tim Courtney wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, Paul Foster writes:
Probably only 4 to 5 hours to LaCrosse from Chicago, less if you are on
the West or North sides.  I'm 6 hours from the south suburbs of Chicago
and about 1.5 houts from LaCrosse.

Ok.  I'm on the west side, in the suburbs (Wheaton).  It takes me about 20
minutes to get to 355 and then I can shoot north from there.

Cost is probably about 5 bucks a person or so.

I am referring to travel costs more than Legofest costs.  When would this fest
be??

-Tim

--
Paul Foster