 Trains / *2282 (-100)
  Re: anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

(...) I will trade new (which I have) for old... Contact me if interested. I'd even go 3 for 2 as I have extra magnets, or add cash. (...) GMLTC has cut all the central ties away from a straight and with it mounted to baseplates it is fine. Not that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

(...) If you are willing to trade old for new, I suspect that there are a few of us who would do so... (I would) (...) is (...) Perhaps shorten the rail when you attach the 9V rail... (a large file, and 1mm is gone fast in ABS...) (...) only (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

I *thought* I had seen a better one! After going through about 20 of them, I gave up;-) Hey Paul, what ever happened to the thumbs? -John (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) or (...) Here's a better picture (Thanks, Paul!): (URL) Conan lays the track down and builds the grey 'bed' to fit. Once that is done, he comes up with a support structure to hold it. Pretty darn clever he is... <grin> J1 (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

Paul Foster caught a picture of the GMLTC layout that barely shows our curved bridge. I wasn't able off hand to find a better one. Sorry:-( Perhaps J-1 or (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Anyone built a curved bridge?

It's that time of the year again for me to start planning my Christmas train layout and one idea that hit me was a curved bridge. I've been thinking of using a simple 90' arc with no straight rails between the curved to extend the arc length. I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

Hi, I was playing around with a recently acquired 7862 12V remote controlled decoupler, and was wondering if I could see how other people have fared with this set. The obvious negative, is that it needs the old fashioned magnets (5066)with the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My TGV

(...) can (...) I didn't do it for realism, I did it because it works well and makes the train much easier to assemble on the track. But my main goal was zero clearance between the coaches when travelling on a straight and that it achieves. Actually (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My TGV

(...) Matt, your TGV is just awesome. All the latest passenger trains are EXCELLENT- I only wish every one had all the disk space and camera equipment they could want so we all could see the latest variations. I got to see Dave V's TGV at the PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My TGV

Matthew Bates: (...) coupling? It looks like it takes much more space, and I don't think the TGV can be split anyway. Has anybody tried to model the X2000? I got a good look at it while I was travelling in Sweden summer, and I believe it should be (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  My TGV

Here's my interpretation of the TGV (URL) could still do with a bit of work and some better photos but Steve Barile was dying to see my progress. It uses my spring-loaded close-coupled articulation that Steve mentioned. Matt (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New question/challenge...

I have never seen/recognized a 9V piece for that purpose. But you can use the middle wheels from the 12V motor and fit them into the holes on the side of the 9V motor. I suspect that TLG put the holes there to eventually offer spare wheels, but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New question/challenge...

Okay, so I'm looking at my old 12 volt train motor, and it's got two drive wheels per side and a hole in between each of them to add a third wheel. And my 12v set included these extra wheels so that I have the option of adding them, or not. Now I'm (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

Yea, I've seen this puppy in person. (Both the real MAX train and Steve's model.) It is really well done. It looks incredible. The narrow windows match the doors of the real MAX quite well. The overall look of the model really captures the feel of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  More WWF pics on PNLTC site

Hi All, Come see the two new sub pages from the latest PNLTC show (WWF) in the Seattle area. The new sub pages are Wild West and City Europa. These are shot with a Kodak 260 dig-cam. The pics are stunning (even at half their native resolution). (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

(...) BOB and my TGV use yellow round cross section rubber bands. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 x 22 train base plate

Thanks for that Mark, after sifting through the bag of parts I found ALL of the parts to build the complete engine including the 4.5v motor. Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote in message news:37E8A401.C057E3....net.au... (...) red (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  An idea to try

Ben Fleskes idea: (...) the (...) I was curious what it would take to actually build such a thing and here is what I came up with using Track Designer. Requirements: 60 Straight Track 9 Cross Track 72 Curved Track Area: 9'2" x 5'1" Picture of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

Thanks for all the kind words. James I have had my EP2 together for at least a year and haven't fatigued the rubberbands yet. This includes the PDX GATs and the current Toy store layout. Are you using the black square cross section ones or the round (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

(...) Steve, MAX is beautiful! Very well done. Wish I could have scheduled my trip to Seattle later just to see MAX! Go for brick springs for the coupler! As BOB proved at the WWF show, the LEGO rubber bands can fatigue and break: very bad. Very (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

Seems to be working now, just visited it. Larry, your right, it is AWESOME. Good job Steve!! I think I'll take a break from my scenery projects and work on some trains. Tom (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train shows

John, you must drive like a banshee!!! I'm west of Milw, WI. and it takes me 6 hours to drive to St. Paul Mpls area. I've done it in 5.. though I was booking big time... Of course.. last time I did it the speed limit was 55.. though I was doing 65 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

I did not have a lot of luck with this link... this time. It's the same link you posted before so must just be the net. People, if you get an error, keep trying later, if the final is anything like the prelim shots, this is gonna be AWESOME. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New pics of the finished commuter train

Hi All, Well, I finally got the pics up of the completed MAX. (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC at the Greenberg Toy Show

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club will be presenting at the North Atlanta Trade Center, on October 2-3. We are having a layout of about 18'x 12'. This time we will have a nice digital camera on hand, so we can finally get some pictures up on our (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC at Greenburg Train Show

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club will be presenting at the North Atlanta Trade Center, on October 2-3. We are having a layout of about 18'x 12'. This time we will have a nice digital camera on hand, so we can finally get some pictures up on our (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?

(...) I think there is an Israel-based company named LEGO which makes products for water irrigation and hoses and things. IANAL, but I don't think TLG has (or can have) a problem with it because it's in a completely separate industry and hence not (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train shows

The NOVALTC might be doing the GATS in Gaithersburg, MD on Feb 26 and 27, 2000. Gaithersburg is on the other side of DC. -Chris (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?

(...) I hope that's not colonic irrigation with Lego. Ouch! All the others looked plausable, but I seriously suspect that this one is a 3rd-party domain name. I wonder how long it'll be around before TLG's legal sharks sink their teeth in... Cheers, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Train shows

(...) Not quite 8 hours IIRC-- more like 6.5. The drive isn't too bad, either. (...) It is being held at St. Paul's RiverCentre (used to be the Civic Center); there is no registration, just show up at the door. I'd have to go to the web site to get (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?

Well, Medley FL appears to be a small place near Hialeah (Miami). Not even close to Disney World. Hmmm. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: 6 x 22 train base plate

Could be a 162 Yellow loco. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Instructions for 120

Hi Peter, If anyone contacts you, can I get a copy as well? I have a 120 and have built it based on the pictures on the box, but it would be nice to have the instructions as well. Thanks Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train shows

November 13th and 14th (URL) many layouts were there at last years GATS? I hope I can find the time to make it. Paul (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train shows

Hmmmmm. 8 hours from Chicago. Ugh. But... cool Lego trains. Hmmmm. Maybe a cheap flight..? Plus while there - MOA Lego Store... sold! John, do you have a URL for GATS? Dates, registration info, location and all that would be handy. -r'm (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New LEGO Corp Websites?

So, a few weeks ago, there was a rumor that Shop @ Home might discontinue the Service Packs at the end of the year. Then there was a hint that they may be opening a bulk-brick buying service in the beginning of the new year. I admit I've been too (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Train shows

The GMLTC will be showing at the Great American Train Show (GATS) in St. Paul, MN in November. Might be as close as you are going to get:-( -John (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train shows

Are there going to be any train shows any time soon around Kentucky? Just wondering. I don't feel like traveling across country(well at least my parents dont':( (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC update (WWF) mountain scene

Will anyone make plans available for the trestle sections and supports (I see the 1x6 round columns) and the brown bridge? Paul Sinasohn, drooling in envy.... (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  6 x 22 train base plate

Can anyone tell me what set this part comes from; 6 x 22 black baseplate, motor cut-out in centre, moulded on buffers and red & blue magnets. Regards, -- Peter D Simpson sterling@interalpha.co.uk Centimetres, along with Rods, Poles and Furlongs (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Instructions for 120

Can anyone help me find a copy of the instructions for the 1969 train set number 120. Has anyone scanned these? Peter D Simpson sterling@interalpha.co.uk (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a new carrier...almost

Why seven not eight? I stopped at seven because I wanted it to fit in with the 6 wide standard; 7 is closer than 8. The copper wire is a building aid, and it is pulled out when each grating is finished. It took me a while to find something that was (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FYI small 12v Train Accessory Elements auction

OK, I'm sorry guys... ...boy no gettin' nothin' past ol' Todd! Actually I wasn't trying to make a buck. I was tryin' to get this older stuff in to the hands of a 4.5v train head! SteveB (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a new carrier...almost

I assumed that he removed the wire. And that it was used just for spacing??? SteveB (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a new carrier...almost

(...) That *is* insane... that you stopped at seven and didn't keep going to eight!!{:^D I like the car; are you sure there is no "all LEGO" solution to creating that cool gap in the 1x4 plates? How about flowers jammed up under the plates? -John (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  a new car carrier that is

I almost made a car carrier, but I ran out of parts. The car carrier is here (URL) homepage is (URL) appreciated! Christopher (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FYI small 12v Train Accessory Elements auction

(...) I thought you were going to apologize for spamming the .trains group with auction noise. (Reminder: Auction announcements and updates (as well as indiscreet URLs) belong in .market.auction.) --Todd (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  a new carrier...almost

I almost made a car carrier, but I ran out of parts. The car carrier is here (URL) homepage is (URL) appreciated! Christopher The text describing the car: This is probably a never to be finished model. The original plans called for a double-deck car (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FYI small 12v Train Accessory Elements auction

Sorry, I mean 4.5v! (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  FYI small 12v Train Accessory Elements auction

See (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC update (WWF) mountain scene

<snip>A must see! What Tom can do with over 400 BURPS! Um, excuse me. (followup-to: lugnet.off-topic.gas?) ok ok, so I haven't had much sleep :-) Tom p.s. tucked in along with all those BURPS are about +35,000 bricks and plates and various other (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Go to their main website at pnltc.org and work the menus to Galleries, then to WWF. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC update (WWF) mountain scene

Cool, What is the URL? -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:FI86GE.1v4@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  My take on "Remote Control Switch Design"

Hello All, I've posted a web page devoted to my motorized switch/point design. I've laden it heavily with photos and closeups, but I'm not holding anybody's hand at this point - mostly theory instead of how-to. Hopefully, you'll get some insights (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC update (WWF) mountain scene

Hi All, I just added the mountain scene from Tom to the PNLTC web site under Galleries, WWF. A must see! What Tom can do with over 400 BURPS! SteveB (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Power supply

(...) I have both a 2400 and a 1500. The 2400 has control of the pulse power feature, wereas the 1500 does not. I usually leave it off, as the speeds we are dealing with even in lego trains are not anything like as fine as I deal with in oo James (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Power supply

I also have an MRC Tech II (I think that's the model). When you use it wit your trains do you keep "pulse" on? This is what make slow speeds possible but may also cause the extra noise. SteveB (...) in (...) long (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Power supply

(...) Yes you can do exactly that. I have it done somewhat like that for my setup right now. (there are some RS switchs for control before the layout, housed in a lego box). (...) The only problem I have is that the motors are noiser with the MRC (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Update1 : Commuter train (WIP)

Well, I stayed up late and scrounged enough white windows to complete bothe ends and vestibule! There is now some head lights and roof detail. I'll take some pics once the wheels are in place. I'm sure that will take some work. SteveB Steven Barile (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Power supply

(...) Paul, Thats exactly what I did for my old Nova Township layout. I used an MRC Tech II powerpack instead of the LEGO one. I didn't feel that the LEGO power pack had a slow enough low speed. I soldered my wires directly to the track, but I'm (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Power supply

I have a real nice HO layout power pack with handheld remote laying around but no speed regulator. I have started buying some train stuff but if I just buy the speed regulator power to rail connectors from Shop at Home, can I just wire those into (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

Nick, et al: I've posted an "alpha" version of my web page devoted to my motorized switch design. Pardon the construction dust, but you'll get an idea of where I'm going with this design. Please refer to: (URL) don't want any comments yet, because I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recommendation on First Train?

(...) 4565 load and haul would have been ok if TLG had not used the red and black on those proportions. same with cargo railway. an all black with hints of red/yellow as accents or vise versa would look good. i hated spyrius for the same reason. -- (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recommendation on First Train?

(...) Sorry. From an eight-wide perspective;-) I do have to say that I like the 4565 more now that I have seen some prototypes after which this loco was built. It is, however, a little dichromatic (black, red everywhere). I just like making my own. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recommendation on First Train?

I think the 4565 is far from abysmal--I like it a lot. The main set is decent, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train (WIP)

Thanks for the encouragement. The idea is to have 3 trucks (Larry was right) with the power truck in the middle. Since the center is short the power truck will be fixed (not swivel) which makes it easier to hide. As for the end trucks I will try (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train (WIP)

Cool beginnings... When you can solve the articulation problems you will have enabled a number of other designs to be created. Build on! I'm assuming (it's hard to tell from the proto pic) that this is a three truck design? One each at the ends and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train (WIP)

Oh Yeah, Steve! The color combo looks sweet! And those 2x3 train windows simulate folding doors *very* nicely. Looks very prototypical so far, too (which I like). Now, can you make it 8 wide....;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recommendation on First Train?

Uff-da. They *all* are pretty abysmal:-( I'd buy the cheapest one I could get and start on MOCs from the git-go. But I'd prolly go 4565 if I *had* to choose one... HTH, John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Commuter train (WIP)

Hi All, I am working on a commuter train light rail called the TriMet "MAX" It is located here in Portland, OR. This is very early work in progress (WIP). (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Recommendation on First Train?

I'm thinking about buying a train soon... Any recommendations as to which currently available train is best overall? Thanks! (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I would love to see instructions or pictures of this device. I suppose I could tinker around with the idea on my own as well. John Matthews Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37DFA77D.E5BD4E...ger.net... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  PNWLTC update

I like the photos. I think it's great to have the pages up whenever possible. Some more detailed shots would be great (I'm thinking of the Spaceneedle) James P (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

(...) You could do it by posting semi-unique pieces next to the switch, and matching pieces on the fascia. The layout might look a bit odd with minifig heads and what-not stuck all over the track... Steve (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Frank Filz wrote in message <37DFEB31.63DE@minds...ng.com>... (...) Lego had white 1x1 bricks in the 60s with blue printed numbers (0-9). I think there was also a pack with letters. The number pack is 237 - I believe a pack was just sold on eBay. I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

(...) Hmm... use little ones by the switch/turnouts and big ones on the back fascia? Those big ones would be visible from a long way off, that's a good thing. (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

(...) Well, you could use those DACTA letter & number tiles. Those are actually DUPLO I think. (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

(...) Work in progress with an announcement when it is "done"... (like any website is ever "done") Cool space needle, BTW. Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (URL) - - Web Application Integration! (URL) Lugnet(tm): (URL) Member ref: lar, 1/2 $$ to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

(...) No, you could use numbers, if you had number bricks or number tiles (the tile supply is limited so I think you're restricted to base 4 (0,1,2, and 3) numbering. The 1x1 number bricks are rare nowadays. -- Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

(...) And in all these years of discussion about switch powering and modifications nobody ever noticed this before? I'm amazed... (I don't own any 9V trains myself, just 4.5V. Those switches are easy to control, apart from the difficulty of making a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

Hi All, I am in the very early stages of getting the pics up from the WWF show. There is a WWF page that is "under major consturction" posted under "Galleries" on the www.PNLTC.org page. Pls enjoy what's there, but I would rather not "tell the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  anatomy of a switch track

I have pics and explanation of the process of opening the bottom of the switch track and removing those pesky detants(sp?). It is found under the "articles" section of the www.PNLTC.org page. SteveB (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

GMLTC has pneumo switch throws. They worked in the lab but haven't yet been proven at a show. The air lines are (gasp) non LEGO aquarium tubing... If you go to one of the many GMLTC teasers (there must be 4, including mine, the semiofficial standing (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A challenge for seasoned Lego Trainers...

Ludo Soete: (...) I pressume you by "away" mean "off the track". Maybe the solution is to push from both sides at the same time. (...) I don't like cutting LEGO pieces, so I would only use this design with 4.5 and 12 V tracks. But that is a matter (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

The motorized switches I made are very similar to the ones at (URL) fact I refer to them on my site. (URL) must add that the motorized points are somewhat unsatisfying. You must pay careful attention to the point and turn of the motor at the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I don't think I want to risk damaging a $15 Lego piece either. I would love to see your example. Having it along with the others presented/suggested so far should give me a head start. Thanks to everyone who has passed their idea along. -Nick Ed (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

Ouch! Nick - please consider using a non-intrusive method of performing remote motorized switch control. I was close to performing the operation on a set of switches myself, when I decided to sleep on it. It bothers me to this day that I came so (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I think that person very carefully popped the plastic ivets using an exacto knife, I cannot remember the URL, sorry. I am too chicken (scared) to try it myself. Christopher (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

Congrats, Dan et al! Just reading about the event gets me excited to show again (hopefully in Oct). Glad to hear everything is working out and I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we can't wait for photos and tales:-) -John (J2) GMLTC (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

Posted as an aid for Dan Parker (He's spending nearly full time at the show!) Kim (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I recall someone talking about removing the friction from a switch rail. Do you know how to open up the rail without damaging it? Eric (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

There are a couple here: (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  motorized switching rails

Hello all. Can someone please point me to a page or two that has examples of how to motorize a switching rail. The end I want to achieve is to sit with a controller or two or three to open and close the rails. (Using a pure Lego method of course.) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hills and grades

(...) For some more ideas, check out this site: (URL) could get a bunch of the 4.5volt plastic rails and do the same thing... JG (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hills and grades

Jacob, THANK YOU!!!! That pointer to the Train Depot is pure gold!! For a roller coaster, I actually need a much more severe angle than the method Matt outlines, but there's a lot there to explore, and I like the drawings of the support pillars he (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

There are two Train ideas books - 7777 (82 pages of the 12volt trains, my favorite) and 242 (100 pages of older trains). They are both tough to find and expensive, like most Train related Lego products, but there are scans of 7777 on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

7777 springs to mind. I found scans of this book a while back, it's a treat. I have *once* seen a paper copy. It is hard to find in the flesh, if someone had a copy they were itching to sell, it would be swell if they contacted me... Try this URL: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

Not an Idea book, but this site will stimulate your creative juices. (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Ferrari <giuliof@iol.it> wrote in message news:37DCE7A6.F13471...@iol.it... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

Here is a spot for tracks. (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Ferrari <giuliof@iol.it> wrote in message news:37DCE7A6.F13471...@iol.it... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact