 Trains / 2140
Re: motorized switching rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:33:28 GMT

G. Benedikt Rochow wrote:

Another neat trick is that the turnout switches are color coded with
small bricks placed on the stands, and technic beams are used in the
module side fascia to let the tubing out. The beams are color coded to
match the switches so you know which lever throws which turnout.

Isn't that the only way to do it in Lego, anyway? :)

No, you could use numbers, if you had number bricks or number tiles (the
tile supply is limited so I think you're restricted to base 4 (0,1,2,
and 3) numbering. The 1x1 number bricks are rare nowadays.

lugnet.