 Trains / 2157
Re: motorized switching rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:45:51 GMT

Nick, et al:

I've posted an "alpha" version of my web page devoted to my motorized switch
design.  Pardon the construction dust, but you'll get an idea of where I'm
going with this design.

Please refer to:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8658/lego/legoindex.htm

I don't want any comments yet, because I already know it stinks.
I'll add crisper photos once my batteries for my digital camera recharge...
;^)

Thanks,
Ed

In lugnet.trains, Nick Goetz writes:
I don't think I want to risk damaging a $15 Lego piece either. I would love
to see your example. Having it along with the others presented/suggested so
far should give me a head start. Thanks to everyone who has passed their
idea along.

-Nick

Ed McGlynn wrote in message ...
Ouch!
Nick - please consider using a non-intrusive method of performing remote
motorized switch control.  I was close to performing the operation on a set • of
switches myself, when I decided to sleep on it.  It bothers me to this day
that I came so close to drilling into LEGO.  Anyway, I used a motorized • switch
that works well without fiddling with the friction stops inside the switch
housing.

I'm currently working on a web page to depict my remote motorized
switching methods, if you're interested.

Ed