 Trains / 2132
Re: motorized switching rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:31:23 GMT

Ouch!
Nick - please consider using a non-intrusive method of performing remote
motorized switch control.  I was close to performing the operation on a set of
switches myself, when I decided to sleep on it.  It bothers me to this day
that I came so close to drilling into LEGO.  Anyway, I used a motorized switch
that works well without fiddling with the friction stops inside the switch
housing.

I'm currently working on a web page to depict my remote motorized
switching methods, if you're interested.

Ed

In lugnet.trains, Nick Goetz writes:
Hello all. Can someone please point me to a page or two that has examples of
how to motorize a switching rail. The end I want to achieve is to sit with a
controller or two or three to open and close the rails. (Using a pure Lego
method of course.) Thanks.

-Nick