 Trains / 2155
Re: Recommendation on First Train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:55:10 GMT

Alan Demlow wrote:

I think the 4565 is far from abysmal--I like it a lot.

Sorry.  From an eight-wide perspective;-)  I do have to say that I like the 4565
more now that I have seen some prototypes after which this loco was built.  It is,
however, a little dichromatic (black, red everywhere).  I just like making my
own.  So I really would say get them all and don't build them, part them out and
build your own{:^D

-John

The main set is decent,
and the alternate steam loc is nice too.  And, the 4559 is decent for parts.
Alan                                  In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Uff-da.  They *all* are pretty abysmal:-(  I'd buy the cheapest one I could
get and start on MOCs from the git-go.  But I'd prolly go 4565 if I *had* to
choose one...

HTH,
John

Jason Spangler wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a train soon...  Any recommendations as to which
currently available train is best overall?  Thanks!