 Trains / 2138
Re: Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:41:45 GMT

Hi All,
I am in the very early stages of getting the pics up from the WWF show. There
is a WWF page that is "under major consturction" posted under "Galleries" on
the www.PNLTC.org page. Pls enjoy what's there, but I would rather not "tell
the world" until the page is in better shape.

BTW would you guys perfer to wait til the page is complete or see the work in
progress?

FYI the panoramic shot on the top of the main page was done using 4 images and
an application called PhotoVista.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Congrats, Dan et al!

Just reading about the event gets me excited to show again (hopefully in Oct).
Glad to hear everything is working out and I'm sure I can speak for everyone
when I say that we can't wait for photos and tales:-)

-John (J2)
GMLTC

Kim Toll wrote:

Posted as an aid for Dan Parker (He's spending nearly full time at the • show!)
Kim

Hi all,
the Fair display is going great.  The crowds are excited and in awe.
Everything is drawing comments.  Jon's western scene is incredible.  Ken
did a fantastic easel with info.  Irving supplied the desparately needed
final bits of track.  Jeff's cable car has been admired with much
interest.  Tom's 12 foot-long, completely brickscaped Rockies mining area
-- now tripled in size -- holds guests in disbelief.

A few stats:  100 manhours to install the display.  11 trains running at
peak.  We've set a display value of $30,000 though it may be closer to
50K.

The staffing is going OK.  We've had a good, last-minute response from the
model rr community.  The folks that have been out told me they really
enjoyed themselves.  We've also put up signs at the display itself asking
for those interested to volunteer -- and we've pulled in a few this way
that we can have work the outside, just keeping kids off the glass and
stanchions, and answering common questions on which we've coached them.

Steve and Dave were up from PDX.  Steve's new stuff looks and runs great.
Dave had a few challenges with the TGV2 but he's optimistic about planned
upgrades.

Will's traincam is a complete hit with the crowd.  They enjoy catching
themselves on camera as it whips around Tom's mining loop next to the TV.
The camera gives an exciting view from the loco engineer's perspective.

Other guests -- Rick Clark made it in from Atlanta, GA.  Wayne Husey (sp?)
with a LEGO war chest bigger than Tom's drove down from Seattle and spent
the afternoon -- lots of interest in the club's activities.  Two other
interested folk, too.

Laura is opening today.  Her station and Spirit of Washington Dinner Train
are onhand.  Her husband, Eric, was kind enough to help us out yesterday
with crowd watching.

dp