 Trains / 2178
Re: a new carrier...almost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:44:26 GMT

  Why seven not eight? I stopped at seven because I wanted it to fit in with the
6 wide standard; 7 is closer than 8. The copper wire is a building aid, and it is
pulled out when each grating is finished. It took me a while to find something
that was the right thickness, could be placed between the plates, and removed
easily. Thinkness aside, flowers wouldn't work because they would sit on one side
of the plate. With a support on only one side it is difficult to stack the plates
straight; I tended to push one side down more than the other.

Chris

P.S. Steve, you assumed correctly.

SEBarile wrote:

I assumed that he removed the wire. And that it was used just for spacing???
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Christopher Masi wrote:

I almost made a car carrier, but I ran out of parts.

The car carrier is here

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/rolling%20stock/rolling_stock.htm

the homepage is

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/

Comments appreciated!
Christopher

snip

                            the way) so a 6 wide train car is not wide
enough (drums getting louder) but a 7 wide
                            base creates a 5 wide interior.... THIS IS A
SEVEN WIDE TRAIN CAR (when will the
                            insanity stop)

That *is* insane... that you stopped at seven and didn't keep going to
eight!!{:^D I like the car; are you sure there is no "all LEGO" solution to
creating that cool gap in the 1x4 plates?  How about flowers jammed up under
the plates?

-John

snip