 Trains / 2159
Re: Power supply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 05:02:46 GMT

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:55:12 GMT, "Paul Foster" <paul.foster@sgi.com>
wrote:

I have a real nice HO layout power pack with handheld remote laying around
but no speed regulator.  I have started buying some train stuff but if I
just buy the speed regulator power to rail connectors from Shop at Home,
can I just wire those into the power pack for train voltage?

Paul

Paul,

Thats exactly what I did for my old Nova Township layout. I used an
MRC Tech II powerpack instead of the LEGO one. I didn't feel that the
LEGO power pack had a slow enough low speed. I soldered my wires
directly to the track, but I'm sure that the LEGO track connectors
should work fine once you strip the other end off and hook it to your
power pack.

I never ran my trains real fast so I don't know if the standard model
train power pack will burn up the LEGO motor, but I doubt it.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.