 Trains / *17515 (-100)
  Re: SCLTC Website Updated! (New look and loads of images!)

To answer your first question: I'll probably find a more suitable location to write what I needed to say; you're right, it is a bit obtrusive at the bottom there. I couldn't fit "site design" and so trimmed it down to "site" which is what I think (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

Here's a start at trying to build an under hanging train. Not sure how well, or if, this design concept would work. I've certainly been inspired by other MOCs like this. This concept train only has one car. The ideas are that: - One side of the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Website Updated! (New look and loads of images!)

(...) Q: Why is the site copyright by Thomas Michon? Wouldn't it be more appropriately copyrighted by SCLTC? ( you may consider putting a TM after the SCLTC the way NELUG does after NELUG too... not sure about that) Wish: I wish you'd all consider (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC Website Updated! (New look and loads of images!)

The official website of ths Southern California LEGO Train Club has been entirely redone and given a brand new look! Check it out at: (URL) free to explore the site and find out about our club, our layouts, and our goals as we expand. Or you can (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  pyke ballast regulator model

here is one of many planned MOW models (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: question on a model

(...) Sorry - no can do the ldraw option. However, if you email me your mailing address (my hotmail address is fine to use), I will mail you a copy of the instructions I used to build it. - Bob (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: question on a model

(...) bob you may be my only hope! can you make instructions in ldraw? (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Repairing 12v train motor

(...) those?) Dear Larry, I have no idea, what kind of Motor you have, but Albert was talking about the 7865 motor from 740. That has no screws to open it. Breaking the glued housing up is quite difficult and glueing it afterwards is a even more (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: question on a model

(...) guido, chech your mail (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Repairing 12v train motor

(...) I have a MIB service pack 12v motor, never opened, that I'd sacrifice to the cause of getting good spares made up. Presumably the parts in it once the cover was ripped off, would be as dimensionally accurate as one could hope for short of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Repairing 12v train motor

(...) Not for me at least... If anybody knows exact specs of the gear and could find a way to replace them I'd happily run a few dozen... all I need to pay for is used material and a few free weekends, which is a good deal IMHO :) (BTW I noticed (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: question on a model

(...) (URL) Bob (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) Well, to be clear....I'm not saying that the parts aren't available (insert plug for SAH Bulks here), I'm just saying that after a while, slipping LEGO purchases past my wife get more and more difficult! :) Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: question on a model

(...) I haven't made this model, but I have starting gathering photos to build a series of trackside repair equipment. Your design looks nice! Do you have more pics or a .ldr file? If so, I would love to see! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New MOC: Train Station of "Schapen"

(...) I don't believe I have ever seen anyone build a wall sidways like this. very interesting. (...) Weather beaten it looks too. You added just enough to give it that look without adding too much (something I am sure I would end up doing.) Oh and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Repairing 12v train motor

(...) I think that would overstep easily the worth of the whole 7865 motor... Maybe you are lucky and the motor has been used for long time in only 1 direction? If so, it might have wear on only one side of the gearwheels teeth'. At least I do own (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Train Station of "Schapen"

Dear Lego® Enthiusiasts, my latest MOC - the train station of Schapen - is finished and uploaded on my homepage now: (URL) more pictures are published in a gallery at 1000steine.de (URL) it has been first time displayed at our Spring Train Show in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains) !!

  RE: Repairing 12v train motor

Hello Jan-Albert, I have also 3 engines 12V that are OUT, I also have noticed simmillar problem as you have about the gear on axle that is being damaged by the friction. This is the weakest link in the power transmission chain. I think that the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: question on a model

Hi Thomas, I still admire your train creations. I asked you before, if you are willing to share the .dat files. But for now I haven't seen them....... Guido (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: question on a model

(...) correct link (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  question on a model

hi, i was wondering if anyone has : A. a dat ldraw file of this model, or B. has any info on how to construct (URL) is my model from... about 4 maybe 3 years ago and was wondering if anyone has made it (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  My Small Train/Town Layout

Check out our current train/town layout. (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Train Watch Tower On-Line Instructions

I finally got around to doing this RIGHT. I've posted 1) image instructions on how to build a modified version of the train watch tower in the Lego S@H Catalog and 2) a .pdf file for those of you who may want to download the instructions. (URL) on (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.cad)

  Repairing 12v train motor

A few weeks ago I acquired a 7740, of which the engine was in a separate bag, in loads of parts. After visiting the Muelheim show this weekend (and realizing that unless I win the lotto I really need to find a way to fix the current motor) I got the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first locomotive MOC

(...) Thanks again. It's just my first loco MOC, though. I've done other LEGO stuff. But I must say that this was very challenging to me. It's very hard to get a lot of detail in such a small space. There are a lot of things I am not happy with; (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first locomotive MOC

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes: <snip> (...) Thanks. I need some advice for making it run smoother, though. How do other people attach the motor to plates without using a train baseplate? I have a solution using a technic 2x4 plate flush (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first locomotive MOC

Actually let me just add to that - for your first MOC, that is amazing! Jason J Railton (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first locomotive MOC

(...) Oh wow, that's really good. Great detailing. Nice to see I'm not the only one doing that sidewriting now. Personally I'd have gone for the full 4 studs high to do all the lettering clearly, or just blocked in the 'P's and 'A's, but that's my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 new additions to brickshelf

Re: (URL) The elevated roadbed looks great. I sure would like a closer look at the track-side signal in that scene. Looks simple and elegant. I already made my own version (i.e., copy ;-) but details on how you did it would be greatly appreciated. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC at NAB 2002

Calum - Nooo! Someone beat me to it! =) I'm glad you liked our display! There should be pictures available soon at (URL) Thomas Michon Webmaster SCLTC (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC at NAB 2002

Hey folks, This one comes from an unusual route-a good friend of mine, Olivier, was down at NAB2002, the big broadcast video show in Las Vegas, and saw a huge Lego display. Of course, he snapped some photos for me. Well, it turns out it was Lego (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  My DUPLO® train website is born

There may not be much, but it's a start... (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

What an "explosive" idea! An innovative use of those "plastique" tiles... How would one work on that engine in the shed, remove it with a "boom" crane? "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GuEuKv.1FL@lugnet.com... (...) 8?) (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - UP locomotive

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GuMHFD.JM2@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, I did a little wiring. Every light is a separate LED. Fiber optics does sound like a wonderful idea though. Does anyone have any links for (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - UP locomotive

(...) so darn expensive. Did you use fiber-optic strands to light the ditch lights and rear markers? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My first locomotive MOC

I just completed my first locomotive MOC. Pictures can be found at Brickshelf: (URL) Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  MOC - UP locomotive

Complete with flashing beacon, headlights, and rear marker lights. Next up will be the decals... (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  9th train show of the FGLTC ended a few hours ago...

Dear Lego®-Enthusiasts, our 9th public show took place in Muelheim (somewhat north of Cologne) today. It was the so far biggest event (at least concerning visitors count). And we have seen lots of nice new models. For eg here are a few of the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.space) !!

  Re: 2 new additions to brickshelf

(...) green and white train very similar to the "Acela"-like train shown in the above link. I particularly remember liking the translucent yellow triple slopes you used for headlights on the nose of the locomotive. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  2 new additions to brickshelf

first, the fec gp scene, has been updated (URL) scond, a large railcar plant i did years ago. i bet noone has ever seen it before, (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do you posting anouncements for train shows?

(...) I believe Jake McKee @ LD is the person who can best help you with this. jacob.mckee@america.lego.com Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How do you posting anouncements for train shows?

On the LEGO web site there is a page of anouncements about forthcoming LEGO train shows. But who do you e-mail with this information? Thanks, David (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG ParLUGment joint train show

(...) <SNIP> (...) As Tim Strutt pointed to me, that train station is from him not Kevin, sorry for the mistake. Martin (...) <SNIP> (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) I build in yellow for the same reason. But as to running out of gray, well, what can I say? You'd have more chances of fixing that for all of us than just about anyone I know. GRIN. (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) That is actually a darn good point...I always forget about this, and since I build most model is grey as an initial test, I am ALWAYS running out of my grey elements. (...) Oh, now that was B-A-D! :) Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gp 50 in its final state of evolution

(...) Nice! Especially the way you put it into a scene! Great work!! I am very interested in seeing the TOFC model. It looks like it uses the small train wheels, rather than the standard size? I am been thinking about revisiting my spine car ((URL) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: On the Santa Fe Super Chief there are 4 fans, what's the part number in BrickLink?

(...) The fans themselves are stickers. The stickers go on the 4x4 (?) disk that was also used in white in Land Jet 7 (URL) (nope, it's 3x3 not 4x4. Black in the 10020) I haven't seen anyone selling the stickers yet but I haven't really been looking (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gp 50 in its final state of evolution

(...) (URL) in particular is a nice scene. I used to live in FL and my impression of FEC was a railroad that efficiently moves piggybacks at high rates of speed in urban areas! Pretty exciting since almost all of their crossings with streets are at (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  On the Santa Fe Super Chief there are 4 fans, what's the part number in BrickLink?

Train fans, On the Santa Fe Super Chief there are four fans on top. I have been searching the catalog in Bricklink with no success. Does anyone know the part name and category in BrickLink? Thanks in advance. Todd (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Gp 50 in its final state of evolution

(URL) have done a GP in the local rr , the florida east coast railroad. take a look (23 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Basically all open source licenses. If no license is acceptable then I can talk to the person who hosts my website/cvs server/mailing lists and ask him to host TD there too. Leonardo (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Good idea to check on the license. I forget, what are the choices at the SourceForge? In this post from a month ago he was still listed as "Matthew Bates" <train_depot@yahoo.com> (URL)In lugnet.trains, Leonardo Zide writes: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

Tried to create a sourceforge project last night but got stuck on the license part. Does Matt still reads this or does anyone have his current email address ? I'd like to hear from him what kind of license he wants to use. Leonardo (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Going, Going, Gone!

(...) think I'll skip that just this once. :-) I managed to restrain myself as you can see from the bidding history, my highest bid was 275. I don't think I'll be getting any of these first 5. Even though I'm a collector as well as a builder I can't (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction)

  Going, Going, Gone!

With 1 second left to go, marex@mbox5.singnet.com.sg sniped the high bid for a $2,137 win of LEGO® Santa Fe Super Chief Train - #A0001! (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: NELUG at 04/06 - 04/07 Greenberg show (Plus some bonus footage).

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:Gu95H1.J18@lugnet.com... (...) working (...) and (...) ride and (...) would (...) The (...) explain it (...) The Octo ride uses an offset axle to accomplish the lifting/lowering action. Each (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: An updated reciprocal point motor design with semaphore

(...) Looks pretty complete to me now... (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  James' new and real trains

Hi James, you did it and built the cad-known trains in real. Must be a nice feeling to see them as ABS-MOC in front of you?? Very nice, my favorite is the ICE with the Live on Mars window. Nice work, as ever! (URL) and 1000grüße HoMa P.S. The (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NBLTC

(...) train (...) else (...) I built a three-tone grey railfreight liveried 56 (grid iron!), a parcels liveried coach (red, two yellow stripes) and some freightliner flats with simple containers. I haven't photographed them yet though. (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) HA! I used to think I didn't have any more gray tiles. Then I discovered the many uses of hiding printed tiles. "They're the bomb, baby!" later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) I took some pictures of my real-brick-build of this locomotive, as well. It's not *exactly* like the CAD version: (URL) Mathis (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) Thanks James, I've started modifing the front and rear ends, so that the magnets don't shear apart. As it moves around a corner it looks a bit funny. I will take a few pics tonight and post them. Aaron (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego creates a LEGO Train Club Foundation

Thanks for clarifying, Jake. Okay, so now tell us more about this new TEGO Foundation we've been hearing so much about... <sorry, Ahui>;^D -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Australian Lego Train show.

(...) That looks like a great start- I can't wait to see how you do at the show. I'll expect more pics in early May! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego creates a LEGO Train Club Foundation

(...) OK, to clarify: foundation = basis for growth (e.g. concrete foundation a house is built on) *not* Foundation = Formal Organization (e.g. National Science Foundation) PS: Sorry to post this "unofficially" outside of lugnet.lego.direct, but I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego creates a Tego Train Club Foundation

(...) Cool. I am just guessing here, but I don't *think* its a 'Foundation' in the formal sense of the word (like organization, etc). More of a foundation, like a footing, basis, for dealing with LTCs. I could be totally off base, but this is what I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego creates a Tego Train Club Foundation

See this post for more info... (URL) from the words of Jake himself... -Ahui (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) I have real-built this locomotive myself, but I've been too lazy to photograph it. Perhaps I should, now. (...) I'd like to render some of the instruction steps to show how the couplers are attached to the 9v motor rather than the body work. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: james mathis's auto carrier

(...) Not at all. I hope it real-brick builds well for you. I haven't near the pieces in color and quantity to build the body work for this auto carrier. I've only real-built the platform v1 as seen here: (URL) is a .mpd MLCad file here, as well. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Railracers (was Re: Pictures from 4/6-4/7 Greenberg Show)

(...) Yeah we have the same problem with the full reverse start, it just doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell them what way to turn the dial, they still go the wrong way. I'm working on putting some soccer goals behind the start positions to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG at 04/06 - 04/07 Greenberg show (Plus some bonus footage).

(...) most (...) Yes they are, other bits of Americana on the layout include a KFC and a Dunkin Donuts. All 4 were done by Tom Duggan. We were a little upset with Tom for not getting any advertising revenue for these though... ;-) Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  First Australian Lego Train show.

Here is a sneak preview of the BUGS (Brisbane lego Users Group) train setup. The real show is in 4 weeks time, 4th to the 6th of May, a first for Australia, having lego at a model trian show. see the link below. (URL) please note the setup is not (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  SFSC - Photoware - JM design

First off i must send a great well done to James, for his very inspirational designs. I really loved the SFSC variation you created. I loved it so much so I set about modifing my SF to create yours. I didn't do that bad, and the result was pretty (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) Actually, the DUPLO® trains are 6-wide, I didn't know if I wanted to call it an F-unit or a Baldwin 'Babyface" though. -Harvey (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  james mathias's auto carrier

AAAggh james you... ya beat me to an autorack design... but yours is the ttx articulated one (SMILE..) i am going to see if i can make a single 89' one james do you mind if i incorpirate your design for the autorack? (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from 4/6-4/7 Greenberg Show

The RailRacers(tm) track was a challenge until I brought the lamps in. After that it worked very well (thanks for all your help, jt)...except for the occasional driver that decided to race in reverse and backed the train into their lap. I had blocks (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) And Brad said at BricksWest that TLC would never produce 8 wide trains...;-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) Wow- did you model all those curves with basic bricks only? You did such a great job that it's hard to judge scale. It looks sooo smooth, I can't quite tell if this is the real thing or if it is only, say... 2 1/2 inches wide. -- Tony Hafner (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) About 9-10 days late but not bad, overall... Dunno about that color scheme though. (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NBLTC

(...) James Powell IIRC, and Kevin Wilson has issued some British stock as well. (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NELUG at 04/06 - 04/07 Greenberg show (Plus some bonus footage).

(...) fire and across the street from the rides? Sweet! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  F7 is completed

Finally, after scrounging Brinklink and similar sites for the right parts, I've finally worked up the courage (or foolhardiness, you decide later) to reveal my masterpiece to the world. This is a likeness of a General Motors EMD F-unit. In any (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) "Soo that's the way it is in that family" ;-) (...) Figmund Sreud would have a field day with you, James-- a 6 wide id with an 8 wide super ego;-) In any event, nice cars:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train-on-a-train Car

(...) Your last sentence there states the problem exactly- the chain links simply aren't the right length for even stud spacing in many cases. Think about it... the links fit over gear teeth, and why would the circumference of integral-stud-diameter (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: NBLTC

(...) Andy, The 37 took several trial builds to get the cab windows to look 'right', although I would agree that they could be 'righter'! I find that with a moving model such as a locomotive, the overall proportion and look tends to be more (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Train-on-a-train Car

(...) Thanks! (...) Right now, the vertical axles that the gears are on are located in the technic holes in a standard train baseplate. For some reason, this seems to add a great deal of tension to the axles. In fact, I noticed (prior to putting a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  NBLTC

Good to see models of some British prototypes - I've always wanted to build a few British diesels and electrics. I always encounter the same problem though - the windows just don't look right, having said that the 37 looks fairly convincing! I too (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Train-on-a-train Car

(...) I can see why... :-) Shaun, this is one of the neatest ideas I've ever seen portrayed in LEGO. Well done! (...) You got me curios, now: what kind of spring-loaded tensioner would you use, and how would you place it? Pedro (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) <snip> Hey, hey, don't bring me into this if this is going to spur another 6-wide/8-wide discussion! "I build both ways!" ;-) Never mind that here's an 8-wide idea for a double-deck automobile carrier: (URL) virtual model parts intensive. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train-on-a-train Car

(...) -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) "Around 8 wide"....as in 14 wide! I love it! And I personally think that each has its own talent area. Large scale is actually much more difficult for me, which is why I am always so impressed with your large scale stuff! And wow, grouped in (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) It's a compliment to you both :-). And by the way I agree with your post just prior to the one I replied to. There are two burgeoning "scales" now, or working areas if you prefer. (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) I'll take that as a compliment to Jake rather than a slam on me;-) -John (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) "Mere"?-- lol Well, of course; that is what I meant by "minifig scale". You, as does James Mathis (good company, I know:), have the ability to pull off a 6 wide version of a loco and still make it look good. It has to do with creative (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) Doubtful :-)... he probably saw all the detail and automatically figured it HAD to be 8 wide. (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Wish I had dot com hours, they have to be better than video game company hours. :) (...) Good news, last night I was able to find the source package at home but my ISP was not very helpful and I couldn't upload it anywhere. I'll try again (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Nice Work, Jake!

(...) Aw shucks... thanks John. And thanks to the LEGO Train community for the inspiration, support and encouragement for this design. It has been underway for many versions and many months, with at least one or more versions to come. (I still have (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from 4/6-4/7 Greenberg Show

(...) Actually, very well. The lighting in the building was horrid, but Rick brought a couple of lamps from home to shine on the photocells at the starting line. It was a slow start Saturday morning. The kids didn't realize there was actually (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  X-Large Train Station MOC

Hi all, Inspired by Mark's amazing Union Station, I decided my town needed a large train station too. I've been working on it for a few days now, and it is taking shape. It's not based on any real station; I usually just start building and see what (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact