 Trains / Train Organizations / 1962
1961  |  1963
Subject:
Railracers (was Re: Pictures from 4/6-4/7 Greenberg Show)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:32:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Rick Sellers writes:
The RailRacers(tm) track was a challenge until I brought the lamps in.
After that it worked very well (thanks for all your help, jt)...except for
the occasional driver that decided to race in reverse and backed the train
into their lap.  I had blocks on the back end of the track, but they were
not strong enough to stop a train going in full reverse.  By the end of the
day, the kids were helping to reassemble the racers when they crashed to the
floor.  :-)

Yeah we have the same problem with the full reverse start, it just doesn't
seem to matter how many times I tell them what way to turn the dial, they
still go the wrong way. I'm working on putting some soccer goals behind the
start positions to catch the trains.

Glad to hear it worked out well. Your grandstand looked great.

jt